Permanent Conference Rooms Disappearing

Permanent conference rooms created on Wildfire 2.4.4 / Windows 2003 Server SP1 regularly disappear after being accessed. I require a number of permanent conference rooms as well as ad-hoc ones.

Hey Marlon,

The server will unload from memory persistent rooms that have been empty for 7 days. The room will still exist in the database and users may still join. The only consequence is that it won’'t appear in the discovery list.

Anyway, I just modified the max number of days a room may be empty from 7 to 30. So now if a room was empty for a whole month then it will be removed from memory (but not from the database). Once a user joins the room the room will be restored to memory.

Regards,

– Gato

Can Persistant rooms be made to remain visible permanently? And where can we change this value ourselves.

The feature you are requesting is already planned for a future release. The created issue for this is JM-235. Anyway, I just checked in a fix so you can find a solution to your problem.

In the next nightly build you will be able to set the system property xmpp.muc.unload.empty_days[/b] to the number of days you need. Since you want this to never happen you may want to set a very high value (e.g. 10000). That is like 27 years of inactivity.

Regards,

– Gato

Where do I adjust this setting. I can’'t find it in any of the room controls.

Regards,

Marlon

Interestingly, when I set the number of users to unlimited the room seems more stable. It gets removed as soon as it have been used otherwise.

Regards,

Marlon

You can add this propertie in System Properties manually (scroll Properties page down)