powered by Jive Software

Plugin build fail because dependencies are not included in the classpath

Hi, I’m trying to build a plugin for openfire that sends push notifications to android but I get errors with the dependencies I am using. I’m using some jars and added them into the lib directory of my plugin.

I followede the directory structure

myplugin/

|- plugin.xml <- Plugin definition file

|- readme.html <- Optional readme file for plugin, which will be displayed to end users

|- changelog.html <- Optional changelog file for plugin, which will be displayed to end users

|- logo_small.gif <- Optional small (16x16) icon associated with the plugin (can also be a .png file)

|- logo_large.gif <- Optional large (32x32) icon associated with the plugin (can also be a .png file)

|- classes/ <- Resources your plugin needs (i.e., a properties file)

|- database/ <- Optional database schema files that your plugin needs

|- i18n/ <- Optional i18n files to allow for internationalization of plugins.

|- lib/ <- Libraries (JAR files) your plugin needs

|- web <- Resources for Admin Console integration, if any

|- WEB-INF/

|- web.xml <- Generated web.xml containing compiled JSP entries

|- web-custom.xml <- Optional user-defined web.xml for custom servlets

|- images/

all my jars are in the lib folder but when i run the ant plugin -Dplugin=myplugin I get a bunch of method does not exist.

If I map my jars on eclipse the said errors disappear so I know its the classpath. I’m not sure how jars should be placed in order for it to be seen by ant. Can anyone please tell me what I’ve done wrong?

Best Regards,

Stevenson Lee

Can you give any more info? It looks like the part of build.xml you’re talking about (classpath definition) is on lines 1346-1353 of build.xml. Maybe look that over a bit?

I found my error. The jars I were using had some problem with them. I just replaced the jars and it worked.