Plugin user import export compatibility with jive 2.2.0 release

i’‘m trying to use this plugin with the new version of jive messenger but the jive does not recognize it and so don’'t deploy it.

i have used it with the 2.1.5 version without any problem.

anyone have this problem too?

regards,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo,

Primeiro você terá que parar o serviço do servidor Jive, depois coloque o arquivo .JAR no diretório Plugins e depois você reinicia o serviço do servidor Jive.

Abraços,

Eduardo

Eduardo,

i did that, but it remains the same problem.

the debug log

2005.08.04 10:15:50 Unloading plugin userimportexport

2005.08.04 10:15:50 Extracting plugin: userimportexport

Hi Rodrigo,

There has been one other url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15298report[/url] of both the content filter and user import export plugins not working with some installations of Messenger 2.2. What operating system are you running Messenger on?

Thanks,

Ryan

Message was edited by:

ryang

Fixed link

Hi Ryan,

From a couple of the threads, some people claimed that content filter was running on 2.1.5, that cannot be the case as it requires 2.2.0 as a minimum.

Apart from that, one person ended up having to reinstall the jvm (and maybe JM) - it had become corrupted. Happened to me once before aswell.

The content filter uses java.util.regex and does not have any other dependencies so there is no reason that it shouldn’'t run on any OS that JM runs on.

Finally, my only other plea, is that content filter was heavily based on your plugin, so perhaps they share a common code error? Thats not a cop out, I swear

Regards,

Conor.

hi Ryan,

i’'m running jive 2.2.0 on a slackware 10.1

as i said, with the 2.1.5 it works fine, i’'m testing the 2.2.0 and see that, neither user import export nor contet filter works with this version

root@CESEC-17-4575:/usr/local/apache/conf# java -version

java version “1.5.0_01”

Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_01-b08)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.5.0_01-b08, mixed mode, sharing)

root@CESEC-17-4575:/usr/local/apache/conf#

Hey Conor,

From a couple of the threads, some people claimed

that content filter was running on 2.1.5, that cannot

be the case as it requires 2.2.0 as a minimum.

That’'s what I thought too but Wroot url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=101172claims[/url] ( ) that he had an early version working with 2.1.5

Apart from that, one person ended up having to

reinstall the jvm (and maybe JM) - it had become

corrupted. Happened to me once before aswell.

Wow, I hadn’'t heard about that.

The content filter uses java.util.regex and does not

have any other dependencies so there is no reason

that it shouldn’'t run on any OS that JM runs on.

Finally, my only other plea, is that content filter

was heavily based on your plugin, so perhaps they

share a common code error? That’'s not a cop out, I

swear

I believe you. And you’‘re right, since these plugins share a somewhat common codebase it would seem that there is something in them that causes them to not even load. What’'s strange is that userImportExport only requires 2.1.4. I just wish I could reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Rodrigo,

Just out of curiosity I’‘ve attached a copy of the content filter plugin (it’'s a lot smaller than the user import export plugin), if you could try it out and let me know it goes I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ryan

hi Ryan,

the same problem with this file too.

regards,

Rodrigo

the same problem with this file too.

Ok, back to the drawing board…

Thanks,

Ryan

please let me know when it’'s ok

thanks,

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

Just so I don’‘t have to keep posting and deleting attachments I’'ve emailed you a version of the content filter plugin that contains a bunch of debug statements. If you could email me back and let me know how it goes I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ryan

If your having problems with the contentFilter.jar and userImportExport.jar on Linux installations, check my post in http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15298&tstart=0

My testing shows the problem has to do with case sensitivity of the plugin jar names under Linux.

yeah, the problem is just the case sensitivity.

i renamed them to lower case and the problem is gone

thanks for all the help!

That’'s what I thought too but Wroot

*[url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?m

essageID=101172𘬴]claims[/url]* ( ) that he

had an early version working with 2.1.5

and i still have it :stuck_out_tongue: And, im not sure, i think it’'s name is in lower case. Though userImportExport is in mixed case i think. Anyway i will check this out tomorrow. So i think upgrade should wait till next Friday

Hey guys,

Thanks for the bug report and for finding the problem. Checking the code I confirmed that it is a case sensitive issue that we are having that affects some OSs. I created the issue JM-359 so feel free to vote for it.

Regards,

– Gato