Polish Gadu-Gadu Gateway

yazzoo wrote:

Link: http://jggtrans.jajcus.net/trac/ This is Gadu-Gadu Gateway but to other servers.

jGGtrans should also work with Openfire as noted on its website: “jGGtrans is known to work well together with ejabberd, jabberd 1.4 and jabberd 2, but most other Jabber server implementations should work too.”. It just seems that nobody yet tested it with Openfire; so feel free to try and contribute your experience to the hacker of jGGtrans so that he can update the website.

It works and it takes about 10 minutes to install and configure this gateway.

To be frank, I’‘d probably rather not add support for it in the gateway plugin simply because it’‘s all in Polish and I have no hope of understanding what’‘s going on in a lot of instances without constantly having to go “hey… can someone tell me what XYZ means?”. If someone else implements it and submits it for me to add into the plugin, then sure, I’‘ll likely add it, but in the meantime it’'s great to hear that this alternative suggestion works great and is easy to set up!

Hello i’'m from Poland and i can create some accounts in Gadu-Gadu or translate all what you need - just tell me what

If you create this plugin this will be very helpfull for many network administrators and other Openfire users.

Just send a mail to me - rauko@@@aster.pl or contact on MSN

PS. nemrod - can you tell me how to run this gg transport with openfire and spark??

Message was edited by: Rauko

Rauko, I did indeed email you so let me know if you didn’'t get my email. =)

The gist is, given the library that anlumo (sorry if I spelled that wrong) posted about seems to be easy to follow and the docs are in english and someone (rauko) creates me some accounts I’'ve got no problem with this and it should only take a “few moments” so to speak to add support for.

@Rauko: This is wrong place for that instructions - write to me by jabber: nemrod@reaper.pl or gg: 1287474 - we can also speak in polish

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=27761&tstart=0

=) Enjoy! Let me know if something’'s not working right.