Possible to use old and new transports at the same time?

Is it possible to use the old python transports and the plugin at the same time?

For example I have the python transports running under icq.blubb.tld and I want to test the new transports with the address icqtest.blubb.tld

Is this possible or would this kill everything?

Obi_Wan wrote:

Is it possible to use the old python transports and the plugin at the same time?

For example I have the python transports running under icq.blubb.tld and I want to test the new transports with the address icqtest.blubb.tld

Is this possible or would this kill everything?

Yes and no. You definitely can not run them on the same jid, but you already knew that. If you take a look here, look at the bottom for IM Gateway properties. (note that there are some properties listed there that aren’'t implemented yet) However, check out the “subdomain” properties. If you set those using the System Properties piece in Wildfire, you should be able to have them running alongside your python transports.

Do these plugin settings require a restart of the wildfire server like the other settings?

Nope! The plugin will catch the change and auto stop and start itself. (if that doesn’'t happen, let me know, '‘cause it’'s a bug ;D )

Thanks