Potential issue in admin console

After a set period of time you are automatically logged out of the admin console. Say after this amount of time I still have the console open in my browser. If it is one of the screens where I am able to change settings I can change the settings and click save settings. I am then booted back to the logon screen. This seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of having the session timeout. The desired behavior I would think would be to not allow any changes after the timeout has occured.

Hi AWenckus,

I did a bit of testing and while you can still click on the “Save Settings” button the changes don’'t actually get saved. Are you able to verify that your changes are being saved?

Thanks,

Ryan

No saving of changes for me too. But it drives you back to previuous position in Admin Console after relogin.

I’'ve verified it. Specificly where I am encountering it is in the registration settings and anonymous logons. After the timeout period ill change the setting from enabled to disabled, click save settings, and it will kick me out to the login screen. I log back in and the setting has been saved. I attempted to create a new account and confirmed that the setting was actualy saved and not that the admin console was perhaps out of sync. I am using firefox 1.0.3 and port 9090.

Hi AWenckus,

Yup, it looks like it’‘s a bit of a hit or miss on what pages work (or don’‘t work depending on your viewpoint). For instance the Conflict Policy page doesn’‘t appear to save the changes. It’‘s interesting that it’‘s an issue with both plugin and non-plugin jsp’‘s. I’'ll do some more testing and see what the deal might be.

Thanks,

Ryan

PS - Anyone know how to configure Messenger/Jetty to decrease the amount of time it takes it to timeout?