Presence prob. online/offline status

Hello…

i look others posts, but without anwers…

i use fedora 10, openfire 3.6.4 and pidgin on clients…

all works fine…

but after recent implementation/integration of ldap … comes the problems…

When the person is online and change to “offline or away”, to all the others she is appearing as online …

When logout and soon after login, he can see all status “updated”…

i have similar issues but with getting the entrytype: i.e from, to, both etc… for the subscription. This is updated only after i logout the log back in.

Same problem. 3.6.4 using LDAP and LDAP group. User presence is not updated properly.

I had a similar issue. When I configured LDAP, my clients presence only updated upon login. After you were logged in, the presence would not update properly. After trying a lot of things that were suggested in this forum, i finally found something that worked. Under the LDAP configuration, I had the following in my ldap.groupSearchFilter (objectClass=group)(cn=Jabber*)) This would limit my group list to any group that started with (Jabber). For some reason this caused the presence to not update properly. I had selected the group (Jabber) and shared it as a different name, which would pre-fill the clients list, but like I said the presence wouldn’t work. So, I removed the ldap.groupSearchFilter and all of my AD groups showed up under groups, then I shared the Jabber group and now it seems to be working fine. The original reason I used cn = Jabber* was to have multiple ad groups that started with Jabber to manage the different departments from AD. I think the * in the group name was an issue!