Problem adding a default group with an "assistant" user

Hello,

i want to add a default user that help people that use my server wildfire.

So i have added a shared group named “help group” with an user “assistant”;

now i have a problem (with jeti and kopete, i think it is client indipendent (server problem)):

when a user register hisself and login into the server and add a contact there are problem of availability, that is users view contacts unavailable even if they are on line and they can chat.

It seems that the server has problem of sending availability messages…

I have set the option: show group in all users’’ rosters.

Help me.

Thank you all. (sorry or my english)

Jack

Hi,

are you also using LDAP or just the embedded database?

You mention a “help group”, but it seems that this group has nothing to do with the problem you describe. Or is this group not displayed for all users?

Does the clients support a XMPP debug mode where one can look at the messages (for Spark it’'s F12 or Help->Show Traffic Window). So you could check if presence packets are exchanged.

There are some Spanish speaking members around, so if your Spanish if perfect you may post a translation of your question or give a more detailed step-by-step description how one may reproduce it.

LG

I use embedded data base and it does it for all client (gaim, kopete, jeti…)

I discover that it seems a bug, that the server receive that availability info but it doen’'t dispatch that.

Can you halp me?

Thanks

Hi,

the ones who see this problem all use LDAP and have “special” characters like " ", “,”, “!” or “/” in the ou or dn, so it’‘s a complete different problem. I’'m not aware of a presence problem while using a database for auth.

LG

Hi,

you can try to add a group with an user shared between all user of the server and you will see that if normal users log in before the user shared (it can be the “assistant” ) they don’'t se the avalability of it even it is present and available; users can chat with the assistant, but it remain always unavailable.

Thank for your help

jack

Hello,

i remake all test and i get the same:

these are the steps:

1)i add a group with initial user assistant; flag enabling sharing group in roster on; show group in all user roster set on.

2)i log in a normal user, and it have in his contacts the group with the assistant user unavailable

3)i log in the user assistant and it remains unavailable on normal user roster; even if they can chat normally.

If i log in the asistant user at first it became available even if it log out.

I hope i have been clear to explain the problem.

I have this problem with all client.

Thank you very much to all

jack

Hi,

I can’‘t help myself, I never see “assistant” online, even if it did login before. I’'ll add it as a comment to JM-701 which is also about groups - there are also three similar issues and creating another would be right but I assume that the issues will be resolved together.

LG

Perhaps i’'m not explain at all:

i would like to have a user that help online user.

So i add a default group with the user assistant as initial member.

One problem is that if i log in the user assistant and after i logout it, for user it remain available.

Thanks

jack

Hi,

there are some group chat problems, JM-658 does probably describe the problem you see much better.

LG