Problem connecting client to Wildfire deployed on Tomcat

Hi,

I installed Wildfire as a Tomcat webapp (Tomcat running on port 8080) but am having trouble getting a client to connect to it. When I use JBother, I get an error “XMPPerror connecting to officialmusic.justnv.com:5222

The wildfire webapp settings are :

Wildfire Home: /home/webadmin/officialmusic.justnv.com/html/wildfire

Server Name: officialmusic.justnv.com

Server Ports

1: IP:Port, Security: 127.0.0.1:5222, NORMAL

Domain Name(s): officialmusic.justnv.com

2: IP:Port, Security: 127.0.0.1:5223, TLS (SSL)

Domain Name(s): officialmusic.justnv.com

Does anyone know what settings I should change on the webapp / client to enable them to connect to each other? Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

it seems that Wildfire did bind to 127.0.0.1 which is the loopback interface. With “netstat -an | grep 5222” you can verify this.

a) Maybe your /etc/hosts file contains a line “127.0.0.1 officialmusic.justnv.com” and Wildfire uses this IP address. Ask your system administrator if it is possible to change it to “216.154.221.185 officialmusic.justnv.com”.

b) Or you did specify the network interface tag with 127.0.0.1 ?

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/entry!default.jspa?externalID=503

LG

Thanks LG,

I changed the etc/hosts file and restarted the server, and it is showing 216.154.221.185 in the wildfire/tomcat admin interface. There are no entries in the network interface tag so I left it alone.

However, it still doesn’'t work; and when I type “netstat -an | grep 5222”, it gives me ;

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5222 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

Do you have any further suggestions?

Hi,

as netstat did work fine, try “telnet 216.154.221.185 5222”. Then you should enter (blind, without echo) " …". If this is the case then you can connect to the server locally.

Is there a iptables or an external firewall around which blocks this port?

LG

Thanks LG,

after spending a couple of days messing around with iptables, I decided the easiest way to get things running is to install a java client on the same server (since it connects locally as you pointed out) and get users to login through that interface instead.