Problem creating an account on this forum

Hi,

The other developer on MOM is trying to create an account on this forum. He’'s getting a message: “The email address given is not a valid email address.” Is there something wrong with the forum?

His e-mail address is: info AT oosterlaar-online DOT nl

Regards,

Mark Monster

Hey Mark,

I’‘m not sure what’'s causing the error - I just tried it locally and I was able to make an account with that email address. DId that person have any other special characters in the addresss?

Regards,

–Bill

No that were all the characters.

I will ask him to try again.

Regards,

Mark Monster

Hello,

I’'m the guy who had the e-mailproblem when trying to register :). It looked like the validation of my e-mail address ‘‘info AT oosterlaar-online DOT nl’’ failed. I entered my secondary e-mail address ‘‘jhboosterlaar AT hotmail DOT com’’ and registration succeeded. The next thing I did, was going to the preferences page to alter my e-mail address (since I prefer my primary address). I entered the ‘‘info AT oosterlaar-online DOT nl’’ address and my settings were updated correctly. Including my e-mail address, that had been denied by the registerform.

Maybe there is some error in the validation of the registrationform? I assume that it has something to do with the dash, since it is the only special character that doesn’'t appear in my secondary e-mail address.

Regards,

Jeroen Oosterlaar

Hi Jeroen,

I’'m glad this problem is solved now. The thing is, I also have a dash in my e-mail address. But the system is probably scared of any monster ;).

Regards,

Mark Monster

Jeroen,

I’'m the guy who had the e-mailproblem when trying to

register :). It looked like the validation of my

e-mail address ‘‘info AT oosterlaar-online DOT nl’’

failed. I entered my secondary e-mail address

Well, glad to hear you got it working - I’‘m not sure what the problem was since I was able to create an account locally using your email address. We’'ll look into it some more.

Regards,

–Bill