Problem keeping server online

Hello,

I have just installed OpenFire on Redhat, by the .rpm package, the service is started by the command /etc/init.d/openfire start, but I cannot login to the IM server from any client. And if I open the web console on port 9090 I get the setup screen showing.

The only way to make the server accept my connection is to start it by the following script located at: /opt/openfire/bin/openfire.sh, when I do this, instead of the setup screen I can see the login screen on the web console, and it will also accept incoming connections. The only problem is that after some time after I logout from SSH the server will deny my access again.

My question is, how is the right way to start the server? By the openfire.sh script? Or by /etc/init.d/openfire start? What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Alexandru.

Hi Alexandru,

the right way is to use the rc script. Then you should run the setup on port 9090, stop and start Openfire with the rc script and then you should get the login page on port 9090 and be able to login and fine-tune the configuration.

LG