Problem whit jitsi videobridge 1.3.1

Hello,

i just updated videobridge on my openfire, fro 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 and i got error:

2014.09.27 10:50:51 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/jitsivideobridge

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jitsi/videobridge/openfire/PluginImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

where can i find jitsivideobridge.jar version 1.3.0 to get my system back in running?

or how can i fix this version problem?

Here is my java -version:

java version “1.6.0_32”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.4) (6b32-1.13.4-1~deb7u1)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

I’m having the exact same problem.

Please help.

You need to update your java to 1.7, I had same issue initially

meeting@meeting:~$ java -version

java version “1.7.0_65”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.2) (7u65-2.5.2-3~14.04)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Ideally use Oracle 1.7.latest JVM and not IceTea default JVM

I installed java version 7 and set it as the default. So now if I type “java -version” in terminal it confirms me saying the java version is 7 on the system.

However openfire still seems to be using version 6 for some reason…

Is there any way to force openfire to use the default java installation on the system?

Hello,

You can simply add the JVM you want to use in file bin/openfire directly.

I use /usr/java/latest JVM

Add this line :

Uncomment the following line to override the JVM search sequence

INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=/usr/java/latest

Hope this helps

hello, claude which ssl service do you use? i saw your website is https link, that’s ssl certificate is free or paid charge? thanks

Thank you @claude stabile . But unfortunately no luck yet on this frustrating matter.

Bunch of strange stuff…

My server is debian 7. So…

• There is no /bin/openfire file.

• There is no file in the system that has INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE in it so no way to uncomment it.

• Even though if I hard code java_home path in /etc/init.d/openfire script, it can’t find default java in the system.

• There is no bin folder in openfire installation folder (This is strange because Openfire: Installation Guide claims that there supposed to be one)

Extra strange: Openfire ships with java 6 by default. All of a sudden, a plugin gets released that is compiled with java 7 without any prior notice (you don’t know anything of it until your server actually fails). Even worse the maintainers don’t even seem to care.

Sorry,

I always use tar ball without JVM provided and in this case i use java 7 latest and it works fine. Hope this could help your quest and answer yr question

Hi all, After updating to 1.3.1 I now get ICE Failed for video/audio calls.

Where is the 1.3.0 version so I can confirm that it is the 1.3.1 version that is causing this issue.

Thanks