Problem with chat rooms & blocking file transfers

I’'ve got a problem & a question about Jive Messenger 2.2.0:

1. I tried to perform a ‘‘chat room test’’ with three users. I instructed User A to create a chat room (which she was able to do). My server serrings are:

-Anyone can create a chat room

-Room is set to broadcast its presence to users in the directory.

If User B or myself tries ti join the room, we get an error. The window simply says: “Reason:” . Has anyone else had this problem? Our Jabber Client is Psi 0.9.3 . (I’'ll supply any additional info as needed)

1. We’‘ve been using JiveMessanger in a test server & absolutely love it. My boss does have a question though. Is there a way to prevent the ability to transfer files via Jabber? Currently, the offsite user we have can’'t transfer files due to the firewall. Internal users, however, can transfer files. Can we block them?

Great product!! Keep up the good work!

Hi,

1. We’'ve been using JiveMessanger in a test server &

absolutely love it. My boss does have a question

though. Is there a way to prevent the ability to

transfer files via Jabber? Currently, the offsite

user we have can’'t transfer files due to the

firewall. Internal users, however, can transfer

files. Can we block them?

You can’'t block them with Jive Messenger. In fact Jive Messenger itself does not currently support file transfer through the server, so what you are seeing is Jabber clients transfering files directly, without server intervention.

As a work around, you could restrict the jabber clients to those that don’‘t support file transfer! This could possible be enforced by a server side resouce check at login time, but it wouldn’'t be fool proof.

Hope that helps,

Conor.

1. I tried to perform a ‘‘chat room test’’ with three

users. I instructed User A to create a chat room

(which she was able to do). My server serrings are:

-Anyone can create a chat room

-Room is set to broadcast its presence to users in

the directory.

If User B or myself tries ti join the room, we get an

error. The window simply says: “Reason:” . Has anyone

else had this problem? Our Jabber Client is Psi 0.9.3

. (I’'ll supply any additional info as needed)

Check how User A has configured this room. Maybe Members-only was selected.

I checked that. And they did not make it members only.

I think it was just a glitch in the system. I rebooted the machine & had User A repeat the process & everything worked out OK.

In the future, we won’'t be allowing users to create rooms. The administrators will be the ones who do.

Thanks for the help!!