Problem with chatrooms

I’'ve been testing Jive Messenger for a week and it seems to be a great app.

However, I have a problem with chatrooms.

My test for chatrooms were to have 3 users, let’'s call them A, B and C.

A and B use the jive messenger server I have installed on my PC. C is using jabber.org’'s server.

A created a chatroom, and added succesfully B to the conversation. But when he tries to add C it won’'t do anything. No error message, no notification, … nada.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any field in the configuration I have to change to make this work?

I’‘m using the beta right now but i get the same problem with the stable version. I’'m using LDAP to autentificate my users, if that helps.

I’'d really appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

Hey madgeorge,

jabber.org expects that you have a DNS entry for your MUC service JID. So if you server name is example.com and your MUC service JID is conference.example.com then you have to have a DNS entry for example.com and conference.example.com. Otherwise, jabber.org won’'t be able to establish a connection to your server.

Regards,

– Gato

thanks dombiak_gaston

is there a way to be able to use MUC without a domain name? because i was using a free domain from no-ip.com to do the tests and they don’'t give you the option to create subdomains

ok. i tried dyndns.org and now mydomain and conference.mydomain resolve to the same ip

now it seems to work thank you very much, dombiak_gaston

btw, shouldn’'t this be documented somewhere? :confused: