Problem with clients connection - Openfire 4.0.2

Hi! I installed the Openfire 4.0.2 using .deb. At first, Java wasn’t installed in my server so, i installed the opendjk-7-jre. When i did a test with Spark (after with Pidgin and Xabber), the clients hanged at ‘trying to reconnect’. In Pidgin, the message was ‘Internal Server Error’. Reading here in the forum, some people suggested that updating to java 8 would fix the problem but, didn’t work with me. In Server Configuration Page, even after purged the java7, the message in Environment is 1.7.0_101 Oracle Corporation – OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM.

Specs:

OS - Debian 8 - 64 bits

Java:

Java version “1.8.0_91”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

So: how can i reinstall (if possible) openfire using Java 8? Or, how can i fix the problem?

Check you Admin Console first page - what Java it shows? Based on this https://community.igniterealtime.org/message/256342#comment-256342 you might want to edit the JAVA_HOME property.

I did a rollback to 4.0.1. All things OK now. Thanks!

PS: after installed that version, in console showed the correct java version.

Did you restart Openfire after you changed the Java on your server?

when did iq auth get disabled by default? was it in 4.0.2?

(How does that relate to this question?) [OF-1097] Make jabber:iq:auth (XEP-0078) optional - IgniteRealtime JIRA

Yes, i did.

Guus…i was just thinking back to when I had a problem with connecting, and it was because the client was trying to use iq:auth. but now that I think back, it was when I built from master.

BUT… you are right…it doesn’t relate to this question. I misread the question…guess I need to stop trying to multitask or drink more coffee!!