Problem with IM Gateway to connect with MSN

Hello, yesterday (04/Aug/08) at afternoon I starter to have problems with the gateway to communicate with msn clients. The openfire server window register these message:

Se ha encontrado una versión vieja de base de datos 13 de openfire. Actualizando a la versión 16…
Openfire 3.5.2 [04-ago-2008 23:11:55]
Consola de administración escuchando en:
http://cpmsa.ims:9090
https://cpmsa.ims:9091
Starting Client Control Plugin
Starting Fastpath Server
Starting Monitoring Plugin
Exception in thread “AutoCloseEventGenerator0” java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.lang.Exception.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.NullPointerException.(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSessionListener.exceptionCau ght(MSNSessionListener.java:54)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$1.doRun(AbstractSession.java:264)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:395)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleDispatcher.dispatch(SimpleDispatcher.java:35)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatch(AbstractSession.java:249)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatchException(AbstractSession.java:258)
at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:397)

the last three lines repeted 40 times.

Ambiente (Environment)
version de Java: 1.6.0_03 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM
Servidor de Aplicaciones: jetty-6.1.x
Host Name: s011026-15
SO / Hardware: Windows 2003 / x86
Idioma / Huso Horario: es / Hora de Acre (-5 GMT)
Memoria de Java … 29.39 MB of 493.06 MB (6.0%) used

Windows 2003 Server has installed all updates that Windows Update indicate.

The MSN transport was working fine, in a moment the service was down and the message was displayed in the openfire window. I stop and start the openfire server, but not working, the client (spark), show the msn icon in gray color, delete the login information of the hotmail account and enter the login information again, but not show the contacts define in the hotmail account that I use to test the transport.

I test the trasnport using a telnet: telnet messenger.hotmail.com 1863 and works.

I test connect to messenger using the microsoft messenger, i get on line, and after start spark in other computer enter the login information, and the messenger session closed and send the message that the connection was closed because other session was started in other computer.

Can you help me.

Thanks

Hello @jtamariz

same problem her in Germany.

I think Microsoft have changed something on the msn protokoll!

Hello:

Same problem her in Brazil / SP (04/082008)

I think Microsoft have changed something , but with software Pidgin 2.4.3 the conection is ok !!!ll!

Thanks.

Fabio Lupepsa.

same in Canada. noticed Aug 5/08.

Confirmed! Since yesterday morning (5 Aug) the MSN-Transport doesn’t work anymore. Reloading the plugin brings up nothing. Whats wrong here?

Edit: Update to the latest version, 1.2.3a, of the IM Gateway plugin to get rid of it :wink: