Problems compileing spark with install4j

Hi all

I;m not really a Java programmer but can apply my C/php knowledge to do a little bit of coding.

That said someone has asked me to make some minor alterations to spark but I’'m having a problem with the install4j on windowsXP that I am trialing.

Every time I try to run the build program I get the following error.

*Build failed. Reason: java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified

Stack trace:

com.exe4j.compiler.CompileException: java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified

at com.install4j.compiler.Install4JCompiler.compile(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.Install4JCompiler.compile(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.gui.BuildThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find the file specified

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.components.SetupFilesGenerator.handleArchiveEntry(Unknow n Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.components.SetupFilesGenerator.writeUserJar(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.components.SetupFilesGenerator.createSetupFiles(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.components.GUISetupFilesGenerator.createSetupFiles(Unkno wn Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.BaseGUIMediaSetCompiler.prepareInstaller(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.BaseGUIMediaSetCompiler.compile(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.compiler.Install4JCompiler.createMediaFile(Unknown Source)

… 3 more

ive checked the classpath and it points to a

.;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\jre\lib;

which has the rt.jar containing java/util/zip/ZipException.class

Is there something I’'m doing wrong???

Many thanks in advance

In most of the products here I’'ve had to edit the build file to point to the directory where I have the source files before I build. Since I use the SVN feeds, I need to create a backup of that build file before editing and use that backup for the builds, etc etc.

The solution was actually quite simple.

First i have to install Ant, place its bin directory into the path, then navigate to the build directory in the Spark source and run “build.bat”

This ran Ant to compile the all the .java files in the required .class files.

After that the install4j program was able to continue and build the Spark application with no problems.

The Jive team are to congratulated. This is one of the best OpenSource projects I’'ve come across and certainly the easiest to build.

100% Fantastic.

Message was edited by: Thratchen