Problems getting OpenFire source building

I followed the guide for getting OpenFire building with Eclipse 3.3, and the Ant task is successful. However Eclipse itself is giving hundreds of errors. Also, following the instructions leads to a totally borked package explorer view.

I want Eclipse itself able to build the source… i.e the source in openfire\src\java. But the instructions say to use just \openfire and this leads to all the other sub-folders being put in the package view.

I wondered about creating a new “Java project from existing ant buildfile” instead of what the instructions say, which is a new java project followed by adding Ant.

Overall I get 866 errors, an example being:

AbstractInvocable cannot be resolved to a type CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory.java openfire/src/plugins/clustering/src/java/com/jivesoftware/util/cache line 336

BackingMapManager cannot be resolved to a type ClusteredCache.java /openfire/src/plugins/clustering/src/java/com/jivesoftware/util/cache line 74

CacheInfo cannot be resolved to a type JiveConfigurableCacheFactory.java /openfire/src/plugins/clustering/src/java/com/jivesoftware/util/cache line 53

CacheLoader cannot be resolved to a type CoherenceCache.java /openfire/src/plugins/clustering/src/java/com/jivesoftware/util/cache line 55

What tips can anyone give? I want to be able to run Ant but also build and run the OpenFire server app through ‘regular Eclipse’.

Hi,

at least for me these instruction did work fine, even with a newer Eclipse version.

Delete the clustering plugin or modify it and get coherence.jar from Oracle to build it.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/204117 may also be interesting.

LG

Yes I had the same problem. Follow these steps & you’ll be good: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/42059?tstart=0

Thanks, I’ll look at that. As far as the Openfire server itself (not including the admin web-app), it’s a plain Java app right - no JEE stuff - so you can run and debug into it like any normal application?

That’s correct. It is a standalone server with a servlet container embedded within it for the admin console. No JEE server or programming required.

A little update. I had 866 errors, but found if I cahnged the JRE compliance to 1.5 or 1.6 this reduced to 284. I don’t know what it was defaulting to, or why it was lower!

These 284 errors are all within openfire/src/plugins/clustering. I saw this was mentioned specifically but didn’t understand the problem. How come the Ant build is successful but this isn’t?