Problems receiving messages from Gtalk

Over the past week or so, I’ve been experiencing problems with the Gtalk gateway (only). I can sign on just fine, and send messages, but within a few minutes of the connection, I lose the ability to receive messages. I continue to appear online to my contacts and I can still send messages to them. I’ve tried this on a brand new default installation of Openfire, and use it with the Spark IM client - still the same results. I can’t seem to see any log entries that indicate any problems.

I’ve also disabled all buddy icons for all transports, but that didn’t seem to help.

I too am having the exact same issue described above. Brand new Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy), Sun JDK 1.6, OpenFire installation v3.4.3, For my Jabber client I am using Exodus (0.9.1) on Windows XP pro. I can connect and stay online, but after a few minutes, messages sent from gtalk stop being delivered. I understand that this plugin is still considered ‘experimental’, but would just like to know if this is a known issue, or if there is something in my config that could be causing the problem. I’ve gone through all the documentation and searched the forums, and believe everything to be setup correctly (or else it wouldn’t work ever). I can log off the transport and then log back in and the connection will be good for another 3-5 minutes, but the amount of time seems to vary. This is my first experience with Jabber/Openfire and I have to say I am blown away by the elegance of the solution, I would really love to make this work, so any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

Well, I can tell you that I’ve been using the GTalk transport regularly and have yet to see it misbehave. Beyond that, the only way I can know what might be going on is if you have debug logging enabled and can maybe send me a copy of your debug.log. I might be able to see what event is occuring there.

Hi Thanks, I enabled debug logging and conducted a chat with myself. I enabled/cleared the debug log, then I killed my client session, and relogged in to my gtalk transport. I logged in with my id using my jabber client through my OpenFire server on my laptop, and logged in through a web browser on another machine to my wife’s gtalk id, and had a conversation with myself. I have attached the conversations I had, unfortunately I have absolutely nothing in the error/warning logs, and the debug logs seems to show the conversation for the most part, but when it stops working it appears that the server is not getting anything at all. It’s like Gtalk loses me at some point and nothing even gets sent back to my server, so it’s hard to say what is happening with it. Could likely be a gtalk issue I suppose, but I don’t really know enough about it. The presence shows me logged in and active the whole time, even when messages aren’t coming back to me.

I’ve attached two text files. The first is the chat transcripts from both sides of the chat. The second is the debug log for the conversation. The debug log indicates that Openfire never even sees the messages after the ‘maybe there’s some weird google problem that’s causing it’ line. Thanks so much for taking a look. My presence indicator inside the normal Gtalk web window indicates that I am online the whole time, even when the messages aren’t coming back to my openfire server.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated…
debug_session_chat_transcripts.txt (2577 Bytes)
gtalk_session_debug_log.txt (20355 Bytes)

I am also having this issue. Openfire 3.4.3 with IM Plugin 1.2.2 on Win XP MCE 2k5 with jdk 1.6. I have noticed that it does appear to be some gtalk connection issue since when it does happen it also stops showing the user presence for those users who log off. When someone new logs on things seem to reset themselves for five minutes or so, but then it happens again and I am no longer able to recieve messages from my gtalk contacts. Nothing appears in the error/warn logs, but I will start keeping a debug log and see if I can find any information in there.

Edit 01-13-2008 - I have attached a log from server startup to the point where the gtalk portion stops working.
openfire_debug_log.txt (134058 Bytes)

I have had this issue as well, though I upgraded to 3.4.3 recently and haven’t checked to see if it’s still there. Is everyone using just their username for the credientials or username@gmail.com for their login? I had changed mine from just the username to username@gmail.com to see if that helped but went on vacation before I could tell if it helped or not.

I’m still having this issue and I am experiencing it on a brand new server setup (3.4.4) with gateway 1.2.2a installed. I can send messages but the receipient’s replies never reach me. When it happens, I can go in and restart the gateway plugin and it seems to correct the issue (briefly anyway). I know this doesn’t really give you anything to go on but I just wanted you to know it’s happening on a fresh install and I’m not seeing anything in the openfire error or warning logs.

Here’s the debug info but there wasn’t much to it.

</x>

</message>

2008.02.08 10:07:10 Content filter: content matched? false

2008.02.08 10:07:10 Received message packet: <message id=“l9P1B-55” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark" type=“chat”><body>ok, I’ll probably check back in once in a while. But since this doesn’t seem to be working</body><thread>tkaJGK</thread><x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”><offline/><composing/></x></mess age>

2008.02.08 10:07:10 Content filter: intercepted packet:

<message id=“l9P1B-56” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark">

<x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”>

<composing/>

<id>tkaJGK</id>

</x>

</message>

2008.02.08 10:07:10 Content filter: content matched? false

2008.02.08 10:07:10 Received message packet: <message id=“l9P1B-56” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark"><x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”><composing/><id>tkaJGK</id></x&g t;</message>

2008.02.08 10:07:17 Content filter: intercepted packet:

<message id=“l9P1B-57” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark" type=“chat”>

<body>I might start using googletalk again</body>

<thread>tkaJGK</thread>

<offline/>

<composing/>

</x>

</message>

2008.02.08 10:07:17 Content filter: content matched? false

2008.02.08 10:07:17 Received message packet: <message id=“l9P1B-57” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark" type=“chat”><body>I might start using googletalk again</body><thread>tkaJGK</thread><x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”><offline/><composing/></x></mess age>

2008.02.08 10:08:02 Content filter: intercepted packet:

<message id=“l9P1B-58” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark">

<composing/>

<id>tkaJGK</id>

</x>

</message>

2008.02.08 10:08:02 Content filter: content matched? false

2008.02.08 10:08:02 Received message packet: <message id=“l9P1B-58” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark"><x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”><composing/><id>tkaJGK</id></x&g t;</message>

2008.02.08 10:08:06 Content filter: intercepted packet:

<message id=“l9P1B-59” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark" type=“chat”>

<body>Caera doing ok?</body>

<thread>tkaJGK</thread>

<offline/>

<composing/>

</x>

</message>

2008.02.08 10:08:06 Content filter: content matched? false

2008.02.08 10:08:06 Received message packet: <message id=“l9P1B-59” to=“userB\40gmail.com@gtalk.bsd-03.company.govfrom="userA@bsd-03.company.gov/spark" type=“chat”><body>Caera doing ok?</body><thread>tkaJGK</thread><x xmlns=“jabber:x:event”><offline/><composing/></x></mess age>

2008.02.08 10:13:19 Exec[0]: ConnectionTester.testConnection()

2008.02.08 10:13:19 --Object created, not stored. Call params (string:talk.google.com, string:5222) id=4486_1202483536754. Using (XHR,POST)

2008.02.08 10:13:19 Returning: id[4486_1202483536754] assign[s0] xhr[true]

2008.02.08 10:13:19 var s0=true;

DWREngine._handleResponse(‘4486_1202483536754’, s0);

|