Problems Registering with Wildfire and IP Works ActiveX

Hi,

I programming in Powerbuilder (similar in syntax to VB), and I’'m using an IP Works V6 ActiveX plugin for XMPPS.

I have no problems logging on to the server with existing user accounts but what I’'m trying to do is query the server to find out what information is needed to register a new user. When I send this request to the server I get a system error in the program and the Wildfire error logs say this:

This is without logging in to the server first:

2006.01.20 11:34:06 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159)

] Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/...,port=1704,localport=5222]

/CODE

This is whe I log in as a user before I send the request:

2006.01.20 11:37:04 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:71)

] Internal server error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Adding text to an XML document must not be null

at org.dom4j.DocumentFactory.createText(DocumentFactory.java:174)

at org.dom4j.tree.AbstractElement.addText(AbstractElement.java:899)

at org.dom4j.tree.AbstractElement.setText(AbstractElement.java:1120)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRegisterHandler.handleIQ(IQRegisterHandler. java:173)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:256)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:388)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:50)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:256)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

/CODE

When I log in as admin first and then send the request (which I don’'t think I should have to do to query the server):

I actually get the information coming back ( I can see the packet info ) but IP Works doens’'t seem to recognize that it recieved this information?

I’'m just wondering how I can get this to work? Are there some server settings? (inband account registration is enabled, anonymous login is disabled) Is there a series of events I have to go through before I can send this request?

…Also where in Wildfire do you sent up the fields required to register a user?

Thanks