powered by Jive Software

Problems with Groupchat

I’‘ve got a working server with users that can login and chat to each other ok but for some reason, none of the groupchat rooms I’‘ve created can be seen if you browse for them in exodus. The rooms do show up in the admin console and if I try and manually join the room in Exodus, I get what looks like a newly created room as the topic doesn’'t match what it should be on the server.

I’'ve tried using 2.1.4, 2.1.5, 2.2.2 and the new 2.3beta1 under Fedora 3 and 4 and they all exihibit the same problem.

Any ideas?

Message was edited by:

gdhnz

Hey gdhnz,

I can think of 2 options. First option is that you are using two different MUC services so the rooms are being created in one MUC service and the disco is been done in another MUC service. And since no room was discovered then when you try to join you are actually creating one.

The other option would be that the room is being configured so that it is not public (ie it won’'t be discoverable) but this option does not explain why you are creating a new room instead of joining the existing room when joining manually from Exodus.

Anyway, if the problem still persists then check the error logs and also post the sent and received XML when creating the initial room and when discovering and joining manually.

Regards,

– Gato

Well, I’‘ve just created a room. It’‘s told me it’‘s successful but when I view the logs in the admin console, nothing is showing. I even enabled the debug log but it isn’'t displaying anything either.

I still don’'t get anything showing in the logs if I manually try and create a groupchat from Exodus.

How do I show the send/recieve xml?

How do I show the send/recieve xml?

Hit F12 in Exodus and try joining some room created on server

the 3) option:

Author is entering Room Name in appropriate field in Exodus Groupchat Dialog, though he has to put Room ID instead.

Room Name in Exodus == Room ID in JM

Though, you should get a Jabber Form window asking to setup new room every time you create new room in such way.

Well, here’'s what I get in the debug window in Exodus when I try to join a chat…

SENT:

Room Name in Exodus == Room ID in JM

Is this correct for you?

Hey gdhnz,

From the disco info that you got I see that “theoden.otago.ac.nz” is the JID of the User Search service. So the presence is being sent to the User Search service instead of the MUC (groupchat) service. You can press F11 in Exodus to get the list of services provided by the server and find out the JID of the MUC service. Then make sure the provide the MUC service JID when joining a room.

Regards,

– Gato

OK, for some reason the search service name had the same name as the muc service name. I’‘ve now disabled the user search and changed it’'s service name to something arbitrary and now the muc works fine.

Annoying to have the requirement of all these different hosts.