Problems with pyMSNt

Hi, I need help with pyMSN, the problem is this, I’‘ve been able to run the gateway and it appears in the External component list, but im not able to configure it in any client, not psi, not exodus. It seems not to be recognized. It’'s there anything I can do to check it is really running?

The only one thing that tells me there could be a problem in the admin console is that the fields Name, Category and Type in the list of external components connected are in null value.

Thanks, Patricio

The only one thing that tells me there could be a

problem in the admin console is that the fields Name,

Category and Type in the list of external components

connected are in null value.

Thanks, Patricio

Hmmmm, nulls you say, thats a new one on me. Can you give me a run down of what were working with, windows/linux, version of Python, version of twisted, version of SSL, PySSL, PyCrypto, and the version of PyMSNt. Configs would be helpful too.

Peter

Well, Im running Jive Messenger 2.2.2 on Windows XP, the pyMSNt version is 0.10, Python 2.4, pyOpenSSL 0.6, pyCrypto 2.01.

As I said before the service is listed in the External Components list as:

Domain Name Category Type

msn null null null

Im Testing with Psi and Exodus, by now I could find (in Psi by using Service Discovery) the service but cannot register into it, so it does not work.

In Exodus XML Debug Ive recieved the following message when registering:

SENT:

Pato,

what’‘s the domain name you have setup on Jive messenger? And what’'s the JID name that you setup in you pyMSNt config file?

Thanks dude, your post awoke my doubts about the domain thing, so I changed the jid attribute from msn to msn.lartosvmxp (lartosvmxp is the server’'s domain name) and it worked all along, the null values does not appear anymore.

Thanks again, Patricio

Now… Ive got a few more questions to ask, I tried to do a file transfer from Psi Client and Exodus Client to an MSN Contact and it didnt worked, nor from MSN Client.

Is this common?, what can i do about it?

I haven’'t tried the file transfer with the MSN protocol. You may want to contact the developers of PyMSNt and report a possible bug or see if they have a solution.

File transfer does not work through gateways.

see

www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=16260&MessageID=105872

BoL

Peter

Hola, en el fichero config.xml probar esto:

asi se me eliminaron los null

saludos, Fernando