PubSub performance/service question

Hello,

i’‘m developing a little application, a shared text editor like writely (but only plain text for now ). I’'m using xmpp pubsub for disseminating changes and wildfire as the xmpp server.

But i’'m stuck right now, if the publication rate is about 1 publication/second to the same node, the server start to throw internal server errors (like the ones at the end of the mail) and no broadcast the published items. If the publication rate is lower, say 5/seg , everything works fine.

Is any limitation to the rate at which a publisher can push items to the node?.

when i send

sending:

its handled ok, and i get:

async recv:

but less than 3 seconds later, i send:

Tue Aug 22 13:16:30 2006]

sending:

i dont know the reason of that

Actually i’'m using JabberHTTPBind (http://zeank.in-berlin.de/jhb/) and JSJaC for the connection betwen the clients and the server, but i think the problem is not there.

Any suggestions?

i dont think the pubsub module has these limitations, but after looking in my code and the stanzas sended over the wire, i dont know where the problem is.

regards

Exceptions i get from the server:

2006.08.22 11:22:44 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine$PublishedItemTask.run(PubSubEngine .java:1936) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.extract(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:139)

at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.poll(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:420)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine$PublishedItemTask.run(PubSubEngin e.java:1926)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

2006.08.22 11:23:30 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.process(PubSubModule.java:128) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.remove(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:460)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine.queueItemToRemove(PubSubEngine.ja va:1878)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.LeafNode.publishItems(LeafNode.java:260)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine.publishItemsToNode(PubSubEngine.j ava:420)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine.process(PubSubEngine.java:121)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubModule.process(PubSubModule.java:116)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:218)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:247)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Hola Pablo,

Which Java version are you using? As mentioned in JM-716 this is a problem with old JVM versions. Try using JDK (1.5.0_06 or later) and see how it goes. BTW, Java 1.5.0_08 has been released a few weeks ago.

Saludos,

– Gato

Thanks Gaston!

i’'m have used version 1.5.0 … now with a more recent jdk, is working fine.

Thanks for you quick answer!

gracias Maestro,

saludos

pablo.