Radius plugin authentication issues

Hi, I’‘ve installed wildfire 2.5.0 and jradius plugin v0.3. I can authenticate myself via web (admin console), but when using jabber client (gaim,psi, any other) I can’'t. This message appears in my warn.log right after I try to login (client responds authenticate failure):

cat warn.log

2006.02.24 08:11:00 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: digest response format violation. Mismatched response.

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(DigestMD5Se rver.java:606)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(DigestMD5Server.j ava:226)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :315)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:276)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.02.24 08:11:00 Stream error detected. Session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@147ff11 status: 1 address: jabber.prg-dc.dhl.com/7e3449d9 id: 7e3449d9 presence:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:138)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :315)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:276)

If I use users/passwords in mysql, it all works ok. Any hints are appreciated.

Hey Robert,

Welcome to Wildfire.

I think that there are a couple of issues going on here. Which client were you using when the DIGEST-MD5 error happened? That error has been seen before when using the Perl Net::Jabber library and I think that this is a problem in the client where the digest-uri included in the response is incorrect (or Java 1.5 is not correctly implementing DIGEST-MD5).

For the NullPointerException problem logged at the end of the log file I created JM-576 and checked in a fix for the exception. The fix will be available in the next url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/nightly.jspnightly build[/url].

Thanks,

– Gato

Hi, thanks for quick answer.

Client I tried is net-im/gaim-2.0.0_beta2-r1 and also net-im/psi. Both had same error. This happened only when using JRADIUS plugin. However using JRADIUS plugin when accessing admin console works like a charm. So that confused me as I am not sure wheter it is problem of JRADIUS or Wildfire. Will try the night build and let you know guys.

Hi, today I’'ve tried the nightly build of wildfire, it has resolved NullPointerException error. However I still cannot authenticate when using JRADIUS plugin.

this is in warn.log

cat warn.log

2006.03.01 10:47:00 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: digest response format violation. Mismatched response.

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(DigestMD5Se rver.java:606)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(DigestMD5Server.j ava:226)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:204)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :317)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:278)

When I do not use JRaidus, it works ok. Admin console + JRadius works ok. Same error is no matter what client I use. Can you help to identify which part of SW is responsible for this issue so I can report the issue to them? Is it Java, Gaim, JRADIUS, wildfire?

java version “1.5.0_06”