Recent Yahoo Connectivity Errors

I began to experience a problemw with the Yahoo gateway a couple of days ago while using Spark 2.5.8 or 2.6.0 beta 2 and Openfire 3.6.4.

Another person I know is also having the same issue running a different system with the same versions.

Basically we can log in and see our roster but the roster does not auto update as people sign on/off and while we are able to receive messages from others we cannot send them messages, at least it appaears that we can but the receiving party never gets them. The debug log shows this:

2009.09.30 10:36:09 Received message packet: can u read this5b2A7e
2009.09.30 10:36:09 Failed to send message to yahoo user.

Could this be related to Yahoo’s change/updates in their protocols/network for their IM service? Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I’m having the same issue.

The roster looks fine, but for all intensive purposes I may as well be logged out of Yahoo. It seems to happen sporadically for me, I’ll be logged in for a little while, sending and receiving messages, and then nothing. I’m running the same versions as you.

I’m going to try rolling back to OpenFire 2.5.7 and see if that helps, I’ll post a reply if it does anything to alleviate the problem.

Announcement: IM Gateway Plugin has Moved

The IM Gateway Plugin has moved and been renamed: Kraken XMPP IM Gateway.

Please direct questions to that site as the maintainer is not actively monitoring this forum.

The issue was corrected by installing the new Kraken XMPP IM protocol as wroot suggested above.

Thanks!

TIP: I downloaded the jar into the plugins dir in openfire and then deleted the old IM Gateway, settings remained the same.