Red5 Default values

Hello,

Could anyone remind me what are the default values for the red5 plugin administration page?

I mean those for the SIP connections (port numbers) and the URL.

Another question : How does that phone component option works? I’ve set it to enabled, but I did not see any change in spark, even after installin the jar plugin. Would that be because I’m running spark for mac (I don’t think so, since it’s java and supposed to be multi-platform).

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for your question, but I am having the same problem with the Red5 plugin for Mac. I’ve got it working for my PC no problems, though. In both Tiger, and Leopard it doesn’t work.

This post is for Dele, or anyone else who may have a handle on the situation. In the error.log on the Spark client, I found this:

SEVERE: Unable to load plugin org.jivesoftware.spark.plugin.red5.Red5Plugin.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.PluginManager.loadPublicPlugin(PluginManager.java:266)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.PluginManager.loadPublicPlugins(PluginManager.java:532)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:170)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.Workspace$4.run(Workspace.java:257)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

It seems like an easy fix, although I wouldn’t know how to myself… ?:expressionless:

Here’s what I think :

It’s Java code, but it was compiled and built under windows. The

source code is there so we should try and build it under the mac.

Thing is : I don’t know how to do it. =(

Maybe it uses some system specific stuff which is handled by the

compiler, but it’s only a wild guess. So if you’re into Java, please

try it and then tell me how to do it… =)

Another thing : my SIP plugin for spark doesn’t work either. It

starts, it registers, but it doesn’t make any calls, crashing on each

attempt… might have something to do with that as well.

Anyway, it sure would be nice if we could get it fixed.

Good luck…

From previous posts, it has been discovered that the browser component used by Spark from Java on a Mac is not Safari or Firefox and does not support flash so the window comes up blank. Never been able to confirm as I don’t have a Mac.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

This error looks like Spark Plugin is compiled with Java 6 and the Java on your Mac is a lower version (Java 5??).

Hope this helps,

-dele-

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Dele. I’ve updated my Leopard machine to 1.6 from 1.5 and set it to the defaut version of Java, but no dice…although there could be some other problem there because in the console I’m getting a message which states: “A 64 bit JVM is available for 1.5.0”, not 1.6.0, so there may be some other Mac related configuration issues there…

Regarding the browser compatibility browser problem, does this mean that one cannot use the Red5 plugin on a Mac, period?

Looks like our posts got out of order. Dele, my reply to your post is above your last post

Yes, the Spark red5 plugin is basically useless on a Mac right now. The modified SparkWeb should work though.

I might be able to modify it to use Safari or Firefox directly if I can get a Mac to work with. I having meaning to get a Mac to do some iPhone dev, maybe now is the right time.

If you can compile the red5 Spark plugin, then compile for java 1.5 and if you can, replace the displayBrowser method with this

private void displayBrowser(int width, int height, String url, String title) {

BareBonesBrowserLaunch.openURL(url);

}

It will use a full browser window using Safari or Firefox (whatever is default) with address bar, menu and all. Not so pretty, but should work.

-dele

UGH. Ok, thanks, Dele.

May I suggest, if it has not already been done, announcing this somewhere that the Red5 plugin for Spark is useless on a Mac at the moment? I think it would save many people some headaches (and heartaches).

Yeah, that would be cool if you were able to get a Mac and do some development for it. Me, I’m more of a Flex / PHP dev at the moment, but I’m interested in Java because of its widespread use, plus I like OOP. But if I get inspired, which I well might, to work on the Red5 plugin for Mac, I’ll keep you posted.

Yes, this would have saved me about 2 days of troubleshooting