Red5 Plugin for Wildfire

Hello,

Help dele! I installed wildfire 3.2.2 on a mac, and when i try to reach http://localhost:9090/red5 i got a 404 from jetty.

Dont know what I m missing

Thanks in advance,

Johann

Video for MUC or Video conferencing would be awesome.

But I’'d rather suggest to work on the video/audio quality and stability between two clients before working on the video conferencing. my 2 cents.

Thanks for the project.

Can I modified the code to put more than 12 windows.

REgards

Rodney

Hi All,

Version 0.0.5 now available. So whats new?.

I have implemented red5 video messages by including a pair of Video recorder and playback applications. When a user is too busy to take a call, you can record a message and post it instead.

I have also made it possible to exchange red5 calls across domains using Openfire’'s s2s. The full rtmp connection URL is passed between clients.

I also implemented a number feature changes based on feedback from the igniterealime community and added some bug fixes for good measure.

-dele

Hi Johann,

Can you check you log files and Openfire admin web page to confirm that the red5 plugin installed properly.

-dele

Is there any plugin for 3.2.0? I am testing that version and wanted to include in it, however it looks like I am still behind the curve on it.

Jeff

Video for MUC or Video conferencing would be awesome.

Its already available. The video presence/roster window allows you to share audio/video with 11 other users who could be in MUCs or IM sessions. If you keep it open, then it will refresh automatically when users enter and leave any MUCs you are a member of. This works on all clients including JWChat5.

But I’'d rather suggest to work on the video/audio quality and stability

That is under your control. Use the Admin web page to experiment with the bandwidth, frames per sec, video and mic quality. If you have the banwidth, then go for highest quality. The defaults arre using very low quality to keep bandwidth normal. I am not a flash developer or expert on video, so any suggestions are welcome.

-dele

Red5 plugin 0.0.5 should be ok for Wildfire 3.2.0. However, http-bind may not work properly for JWChat5.

-dele

You can modify the code to have more than 12 users on your video roster. There used to be a bug in red5 that limited the number of streams to 12, but it has been fixed.

You will need Openlaszlo 3.4 to compile the flash applications in the video folder to SWF.

-dele

Hi, dele,

I’‘m getting the same 404 error here. I’'m using Wildfire 3.2.2 (FreeBSD port, updated from previous 3.1.1 and running fine) and Red5 0.0.5 just downloaded from ignitrealtime site.

Putting the .war file in plugins folder looks OK, and the plugin appears as installed in the Plugins management screen, but I don’‘t see any ‘‘Red5 properties’’ button in Server screen and going into the red5 URL gives me that 404. Deleting and reinstalling doesn’'t make any difference.

info.log says:

2007.03.06 14:04:24 Initializing red5 Plugin

2007.03.06 14:04:24 Registering red5 as a component

2007.03.06 14:04:24 Starting red5

But warn.log, says:

2007.03.06 14:04:24 failed org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@918c34{/red5,/usr/local/share/java/wildf ire/plugins/red5}

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

And error.log:

2007.03.06 14:04:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Best regards,

NK.

Sounds like you have a JRE lower than 1.6.

The plugin is compiled for java 1.5, but the embedded red5 server 0.6RC2 has been compiled for java 1.6. You will need java JRE 1.6. What version of java is your Wildfire using?.

-dele

Yup… no luck, then I’'m using JDK 1.5… Any chance to have Red5 fully compiled for that version or is 1.6 a must?

Don’‘t think it is on anybody’'s priority list at the moment in the red5 dev team. If it becomes available, I will make a java 1.5 compatible build of the plugin.

-dele

I have this problem with the plugin.

Danielrhl

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.isRunning(Abstra ctApplicationContext.java:804)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.isRunning(Abstra ctApplicationContext.java:804)

Thanks for the error log, but what exactly was the problem and did the plugin stop working??.

Looks like a bug in the red5 server code, If it is, I will pass it on to the red5 mail list for a response.

-dele

when happen this, the plugins not work more, and when you try delete de plugin or try you configuration page, show the some error.

java.lang.StackOverflowError

at java.util.ArrayList.toArray(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.beans.MutablePropertyValues.getPropertyValues(MutableProper tyValues.java:219)

at org.springframework.beans.MutablePropertyValues.(MutablePropertyValues.java:64)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.(AbstractBeanD efinition.java:183)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.RootBeanDefinition.(RootBeanDefinitio n.java:156)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefi nition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:943)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefi nition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:920)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefi nition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:906)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isTypeMatch(Abstr actBeanFactory.java:393)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNam esForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:180)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeansOf Type(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:231)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getLifecycleBean s(AbstractApplicationContext.java:816)

at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.isRunning(Abstra ctApplicationContext.java:801)

Danielrhl

Message was edited by: danielrhl

I suggest you restart Openfire/Wildfire. Restarting the plugin from the admin console web page can cause this error. It should work ok after a server restart.

I will log it as a fault.

-dele

Hi dele,

I am one more who would need a build of the plugin for java 1.5

turbo

dele wrote:

Don’‘t think it is on anybody’'s priority list at the moment in the red5 dev team. If it becomes available, I will make a java 1.5 compatible build of the plugin.

-dele

dele, i have (seems:) working red5, compiled by java 1.5. could you write build instructions for red5 plugin?

may be i’'m try to build plugin and test in my environment.

thanks

There is now an official red5 standalone server and servlet war file in java 5, but I can’'t get it to work in Openfire. It is throwing an error that I do not have the time or inclination to solve right now.

You are welcome to try. I do not have any build notes for the red5 plugin. It is a standard openfire plugin and all source code is included. The red5 classes are in the classes folder and the associated jar files are in the lib folder. The red5 xml configuration files have been copied into the WEB-INF folder and the plugin web-xml file updated with the red5 servlet and listener classes. The rtmpt protocol (rtmp over http tunnel) has been configured for jetty.

Have fun!!

-dele