Red5 Plugin - How is it Supposed to Work?

My configuration is as follows:

Wildfire 3.2.3 with the Red5 plugin 0.5

JRE 1.6

Spark Beta 2.50 Beta 4

Running Wildfire on W2000 Server

Spark running on Windows XP SP2

Red5 shows in the Wildfire Admin and Spark.

HTTP Binding is working.

When I go to:

http://mydomain:9090/red5/video/video.html?me=test1&you=test1, I see the left window and not the right window.

Same for http://mydomain:9090/red5/video/video.html?me=test2&you=test1.

When I open Spark and click on contact that I know is also running 2.50b4 and try to send a video message, nothing happens, not Flash allow prompt, etc. I also cannot see any video.

What other settings might need to be checked? Any other tests I can do?

Thanks

Did this happen to you

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help05.html

Otherwise, have a look in your Openfire log files and look in stdout.log. Confirm Red5 server is running by looking for this:

Startup done in: 10063 ms

-dele

When I run the test URL I do get the “Flash Privacy Popup” question and I of course answer “Approve.” I also checked the log file and the Red5 server is started.

When I do what you suggested in another thread:

Try running directly from the web browser with

http://myserver:9090/red5/video/video.html?me=test1&you=test2

where myserever is your wildfire host/ip address

http://myserver:9090/red5/video/video.html?me=test2&you=test1

you should get both your webcam and the other video stream.

… I do see both instances of each camera’'s video.

When I try to launch the Video Roster, it comes up but no video shows from either computer.

When I highlight a contact and right click on it, I see the Red5 logo for “Send a Video Message”. When I click on it, the Flash Privacy Popup box doesn’'t come up.

I can make vioce calls fine.

Message was edited by Kell after further experimentaion.

Just in case you haven’'t, do you have Windows firewall or any firewall installed??. If so please make sure you open port 1935 on your server and your clients can connect via flash to red5 on port 1935.

Can you also post the contents of the red5.log file in the wildfire\bin folder.

-dele

Dele,

Please see my edited message above. We must have been typing at the same time.

Here is the red5.log you requested:

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) RED5 Server (http://www.osflash.org/red5)

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Loading red5 global context from: /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Path: C:\Program Files\Wildfire\plugins\red5\

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) New classpath: C:\Program Files\Wildfire.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\bouncycastle.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\commons-el.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-compiler.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-runtime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jdic.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jtds.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mysql.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\postgres.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\startup.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\wildfire.jar;;C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

78 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting configuation root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

94 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

156 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

8594 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘‘org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor’’ defined in ServletContext resource /WEB-INF/red5-core.xml: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

8594 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 8594 ms

12578469 Thread-2:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) RED5 Server (http://www.osflash.org/red5)

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Loading red5 global context from: /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Path: C:\Program Files\Wildfire\plugins\red5\

31 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) New classpath: C:\Program Files\Wildfire.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\bouncycastle.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\commons-el.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-compiler.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-runtime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jdic.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jtds.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mysql.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\postgres.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\startup.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\wildfire.jar;;C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

78 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting configuation root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

93 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

140 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

6109 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘‘org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor’’ defined in ServletContext resource /WEB-INF/red5-core.xml: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

6125 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 6125 ms

159921726 Thread-2:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

31 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Loading red5 global context from: /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

31 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Path: C:\Program Files\Wildfire\plugins\red5\

78 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) New classpath: C:\Program Files\Wildfire.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\bouncycastle.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\commons-el.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-compiler.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-runtime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jdic.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jtds.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mysql.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\postgres.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\startup.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\wildfire.jar;;C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

125 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting configuation root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

156 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

234 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

36593 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 36593 ms

64062 btpool1-4:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

129125 Thread-2:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

0 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) New classpath: C:\Program Files\Wildfire.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\bouncycastle.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\commons-el.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-compiler.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-runtime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jdic.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jtds.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mysql.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\postgres.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\startup.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\wildfire.jar;;C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

63 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting configuation root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

63 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

109 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

3359 Thread-2:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

4719 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 4719 ms

15 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Loading red5 global context from: /WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

15 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Path: C:\Program Files\Wildfire\plugins\red5\

15 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) New classpath: C:\Program Files\Wildfire.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\activation.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\bouncycastle.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\commons-el.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-compiler.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jasper-runtime.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jdic.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\jtds.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mail.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\mysql.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\postgres.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\startup.jar;C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin…\lib\wildfire.jar;;C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

78 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

140 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

5469 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 5469 ms

Thanks for the help.

ERROR 6109 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘‘org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketAcceptor’’ defined in ServletContext resource /WEB-INF/red5-core.xml: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Looking at red5-core.xml, something else on your server is using port 1935 required by red5.

Are you sure you don’'t have another red5 server running as a windows service?

What could be using port 1935 on your server?.

Has the RTMP port in red5.properties been changed?

-dele

Before I read that the Red5 server was included in the plug-in, I did have Red5 0.6 installed as a service and . I deleted that yesterday and re-booted the W2000 server. In checking the Services, I don’‘t see any instance of it existing or running. There is a trace of it in the Registry under LEGACY_RED5, but I’'m not sure of that is what the plug-in installed.

I haven’'t touched the RMTP settings.

Any suggestions on how to tell if another service is using 1935?

netstat -a -b

from a command prompt will tell you the listening ports and what exe created the listen

I can make vioce calls fine.

Does that mean you can the audio is coming through at both ends, but not the video??

Looking at your log file again. I think the error was generated when you still had the red5 server running. It looks like the error did not happen when you rebooted.

-dele

It appears that installing a standalone version of RED5 really screwed things up. I hope this info will be useful to others.

Netstat -a -b doesn’'t work on Windows 2000. I installed and ran a free utility http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html and found that there were two instances of 1935 running under Wildfire.exe. I managed to delete one and decided to re-install 3.23. I stopped the services and clicked on the 3.23.exe installer.

This is where things fell apart. I reinstalled JRE1.6, and the Red5 plugin. I am now getting this error:

46 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting configuation root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5/WEB-INF

46 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Setting Red5 root to C:/Program Files/Wildfire/plugins/red5

93 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Config location files: 4

7281 pool-10-thread-1:( MainServlet.contextInitialized ) Startup done in: 7297 ms

851015 Thread-2:( MainServlet.contextDestroyed ) Webapp shutdown

If there are any other log files you need to help debug and fix this problem please let me know.

Thank you!

I can’'t see any errors in the log file listing you posted. What is the new error??

-dele

Sorry if this doesnt flow but it seems this thread has people that may be able to help. I have installed the red5 plug-in on os x and Spark 2.5.4 beta.

The server is running and can be accessed and also the red5 server is functioning and can be accessed with windows based spark clients. The issue is that when I select add/remove video roster nothing happens. No popup nothing?

Also I have firefox installed and no safari in case it is looking for this app and did not install Spark into the default location.

Thanks in advance

paul

I don’'t think anyone has got the red5 sparkplug to work on osx. The browser support in Spark on osx does not seem to support flash. It seems to ignore Firefox.

There is thread elsewhere where this has been discussed, but I can’'t seem to find it.

-dele