Registering a service with Exodus

I am trying to register a msn transport component in the exodus client. I put the service ID in and then it asks for ID and password. No matter what i use I keep getting this in the debugger…It says not allowed but all the registration and logins are enabled (at least in the admin console).

Any ideas?

Thank you!

phil.

Hey phil,

Could you paste the whole XML packet? It would great if you can paste the whole exchanged packets while trying to register so we can get more context information. My initial guess is that the gateway is returning the not-allowed error and not the server. If that is the case then I would say that the provided username (eg. johndoe@hotmail.com) and password (eg. mypasswordathotmail) were incorrect or there was a problem trying to reach the MSN network.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato.

Here is the whole debug packet and history. I open “register with a service” and then put the JID in. It then asks me for password and ID, I’'m assuming it wants the id and pass of the msn client so I put that in (I also put in an account on the jive server that was already registered and got the same results). It then says, "your registration with this service has failed. I hope this helps…

Thank you for your time and help!

phil.

SENT:

Hey phil,

Reading the IQ registration packet that you sent when registering I see that the username field does not contain a valid hotmail account. This is what Exodus is sending to the MSN gateway [/i] while I think it should be something like this [/i].

BTW, which MSN gateway are you using. I’'m using PyMSN and the registration form is a little bit different.

Regards,

– Gato

Gato, I’'m using pymsn too.

I just activated the account before this morning so maybe there was a delay on hotmail. BUt I can send mail to and from that account now and it still won’'t work.

Can you tell me the registration info that pymsn uses, maybe that’‘s what I’'m doing wrong.

Thank you!