REQ: Roster hiding with one click in systray

I wonder why i didnt miss that before, but i have realised that i cant hide roster window just by clicking the icon in systray. I think it should work with one-click (so it’'s easy to bring roster up and back again without having to travel with your mouse). Though, some would prefer double-click system. This could be optional.

I could see how this could be useful, although I can’'t find any other Windows apps that do this (with a quick test of what I have installed). Have you seen this behavior before?

Regards,

Matt

One click: Miranda IM (not default, preferences), Free Download Manager, Wildfire Windows Launcher

Double-click: Exodus

JBother does this also.

I think it is very useful, especially when in linux you are using more then one desktop.

Hard to find the window.

I got a plugin that will bring the chatwindow in focus and on the current desktop when the Contact is double clicked in the Roster.

I am still hoping that maybe the Systray could be taken out of the core and act more like a Plugin.

However, not exactly sure what the plans are with using JDK1.6, WHICH would fix most the Linux Systray problems.

cyclone wrote:

I am still hoping that maybe the Systray could be taken out of the core and act more like a Plugin.

Disagree.I dont want to mess with plugins just to have so common IM client feature like systray.

Then you must have not had to deal with it in Linux.

Systray is pretty useless for Spark in Linux.

Like I said though, if JDK1.6 is used… it will fix it completely.

It could atleast be an included plugin.

and there are a lot of people that don’'t like things in the Systray. It does get fairly busy in windows.

cyclone wrote:

Then you must have not had to deal with it in Linux.

Systray is pretty useless for Spark in Linux.

Nope. Havent tried Spark in Linux. Well, i miss some blinking on message in Windwos.

and there are a lot of people that don’'t like things in the Systray. It does get fairly busy in windows.

Call me nuts, but i have, lets count, 14 icons in systray now Normally it’‘s about 8 and it doesn bother me. And there are a lot of people who like things in Systray Ok, let’‘s make it disablable. What about quicklaunch? I’‘ve seen whole taskabar covered with all possible program’'s icons in some users Windows

Hi,

I also don’‘t like a lot of things in systray, so one should always be able to disable the use of it. There’‘s a useless anti virus service - it’'s active and running in the background and the systray icon is really useless as no interaction takes place.

Spark is an IM client and not running as a service, and I really love the tray icon, it uses less space than an open program in the task bar.

And I have a shortcut in quicklaunch - but this is only useful to start it, not for normal communications.

LG

Well regardless what you guys like , I’'ve gone ahead and added the one-click hide.

Cheers,

Derek

Great!

since the change to single-click i’'d like to add one more little feature/fix. Can you also include the code so if the icon is double-clicked it would do the same as single click. In 2.0.7 double-clicking an icon makes the spark window appear and disappear rapidly. Some users find this very annoying. I doubled-checked with some other applications and those that support the single-click seemed to also support the double-click option…

Thanks

I really like the feature, but since I’‘m not used to it yet, I’'ve noticed that I still minimize my roster. When minimized, clicking the tray icon hides it, instead of making it appear, which is making me a little crazy. Could a tweak be put in to check if the roster is minimized, and if so, restore the window instead of hiding it?

at first i couldnt believe my eyes! Wihout saying anything, you just did it Now it works (2.5 Beta 2). Brilliantly!:wink: