Restarter not restarting - 2.6.0 B2 (Custom compile)

I seem to have resolved a lot of my issues with getting my custom compile to work except this one.

When I click Log out Starter.exe runs but sits there in the processes list until manually killed. When manually executing the program i get this message:

“Exception in thread “main” Error: Could not find the main class org/jivesoftware/Restarter.”

Error.log reports the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/Restarter
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.Restarter
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

have the same problem

That is quite strange, i mean, logout does restart and therefore will relay that file but, maybe there’s a better way of doing this. Will definitly look into this though, thanks.

Is there any fix for this Problem? the Spark2.5.8.msi on your site have the same problem. so i think thats a problem with Advanced Installer. With install4j the Restarter restarts spark!!!

Regards

Jens

Jens,

While talking with winsrev the other week in chat we discussed this and i think he decided that they are going to redo the way the logout works. he did not say when the change would take place.

For us our solution is to use the complied versions that are available here at ignite until this is fixed. so unless you know Java well enough to recode the logout portion either bare with it or use the pre-compiled build.

~

Ryushie

i take a look at MainWindow.java

if (Spark.isWindows()) {
                String sparkExe = Spark.getBinDirectory().getParentFile().getCanonicalPath() + "\\" + Default.getString(Default.SHORT_NAME) + ".exe";
                String starterExe = Spark.getBinDirectory().getParentFile().getCanonicalPath() + "\\starter.exe";                 command = starterExe + " \"" + sparkExe + "\"";
            }

and where i can find the file starter.exe?

Starter.exe resides in Program Files\Spark folder.

Hi,

the starter.exe call only the class Restarter in the package org.jivesoftware.

The starter.exe is generate by the ant script with launch4j. In the ant target “installer.izpack”