Restricting users from adding other users from client

Hi everyone,

Can the Wildfire server restrict (either globally or on a per user basis) the ability for people to add other contacts through the Spark (or other) client?

What I want is to be able to create users and groups through the Wildfire Admin Console and then have each user’'s contact list remain static.

Thanks for any help on this!

Hi Greg,

maybe one could extend and implement JM-160 to add the ability to lock the roster of a user.

For the global solution a DBA could make the table read-only.

Is there a need to use the roster or may you also use server groups for what you want to do?

LG

Hey Greg,

One solution that you can very easily implement is a PacketInterceptor that will reject any iq:roster or presence subscriber packet sent by a client. This solution is server side so no matter what client your users are using you will be sure that no one will be able to modify their contacts list (aka roster). Let us know if you need any help writing the new PacketListener.

Hope that help.

Regards,

– Gato

Gato:

Can you explain me more about This solution “PacketInterceptor that will reject any iq:roster or presence subscriber packet sent by a client”.

I could to permit that from one IP machine or the admin?

Thank in advance

Madeleine

Gato:

Forget this…

The admin console of wilfire permit do it that.

Regards,

Madeleine

Hi Greg,

I’‘ve actually written a plugin that allows you to block (or automatically accept) all subscription requests, if you’‘re interested in trying it out let me know. I have a couple of people testing the plugin now and if it works well for them I’'ll ask to make it available on the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins.jspplugins download page[/url].

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hazard:

Hello, tell me something, Can you did this???

Can the Wildfire server restrict (either globally or on a per user basis) the ability for people to add other contacts through the Spark (or other) client?

What I want is to be able to create users and groups through the Wildfire Admin Console and then have each user’'s contact list remain static.

I hope so, I have the same request…

Thanks for any help on this!

Made;)