Retrieving my own nickname

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can retrieve my own nickname from Openfire? I can retrieve the nicknames from the contacts in my roster but I cant figure out a way to retrieve my own.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can you explain a bit where and how do you want to retrieve your nickname. I mean, do you want to see it in your messenger (Spark or else?), is it set in LDAP or else? Usually you can view your profile and see or set (if it’s not read only) your nickname.

I would like to display my nickname in my IM application

Oh, so this is a development question. Should be in Dev section.

YOur nick name is displayed in your vCard information. It would not show in the roster with other users as you cannot chat with yourself. There is not a chat program out there that shows your account in your own roster (to my knowledge). How your name appears in your client is dependent on how you configured your vCard information.

I figured out the way to do it.

You can use either the vCard but that would require you to populate the vCard information first.

The other way is to use the Search Services plugin in Openfire and follow the example listed in the XEP-0055 specification at http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0055.html

Cheers