Right-click copy/paste does not function

Upgraded to the latest Spark version 2.6.0 stable, and now copy/paste function does not work in the text area when using right-click context. If you use the keyboard shortcuts of CTRL+C and CTRL+V, it works. This problems exists in both Windows XP and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64 bit). Is this a known bug with the latest release?

I tested mine under Win7Pro(32bit) and both right click copy paste and ctl+C & ctl+V work for my workstation. I successfully copied and pasted into both notepad and MSWord07.

Strange. Doesn’t work for me. I’ve verified that it doesn’t work on two Windows XP clients, one Windows 7 32-bit client, and one Windows 7 64-bit client.

cannot reproduce, works for me on any computer i own: XP32, Win7x64, OS10.6.7 and Ubuntu 10.10

Works for me on WinXP x86 and Win7 x86. Though i’m using the latest build.

I am having the same problem… In my honest opinion, the update should not have been released until all the bugs were worked out. The interface glitches, and makes the background screen turn black and gray… I would love to have the older version back until the new one is fixed… Anyway that can happen?

just install 2.5.8 again, problem solved

im sharing Barney Stinsons opinion: “New is always better”

Hi Brien,

first of all: The 2.5.8 release is here

There has been an extensive RC1 and RC2 phase for 2.6.0. There are no reports about unspecified interface glitches. The copy & paste problem was also not reported during months of RC1 and RC2.

With respect to the GUI issues: Can you provide a screen shot and a way to reproduce it?

With respect to copy/paste: Does the error log show something, when you want to do it?

Walter

Brien wrote:

In my honest opinion, the update should not have been released until all the bugs were worked out.
And wait for another 3 years? Personally i’m glad to have such release than no at all. Bugs can only be worked out when reported and with clear reproducing steps. It is impossible to fix all bugs you know. Even big companies can’t do that. And we especially are lacking attention from our users to Beta and RC versions (or maybe they just can’t find them?).

Let me try that… The screen shots are attached to post. Hope y’all can see it…

Also, is there a beta version of the next spark update?

This is not a glitch. You are using a skin, which has dark color for input fields (author of this skin must be insane). Try switching it to something else in Preferences > Appearance. You can try TattooLuna. I prefer SteelBusinessBlue. I think there is a ticket in the bug tracker about removing skins with bad usability, like this one.

theres always beta versions of the current builds

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J

1. click on Lates Build XYZ - was Sucessfull

2. go to artifacts Tab

3. go to

4. Install4j (97MB)

5. pick one

Regarding the right click context menu issue. Do you have spellchecker enabled? I see that if i have words underlined by a spellchecker, when i can’t have copy/paste right click menu with them. It only shows a spellchecker related stuff (correction variants). With spellchecker disabled i also have copy/paste context menu on Win7 x64 - latest Spark build.

I’m using the default theme of what you ship when you install Spark, so if it’s skin related, then it would be a problem with the default skin you use.

I’ve tried uninstalling Spark, deleting any left over Spark files from the Program Files folder, completely deleting any files from the Application Data user’s Spark folder, and reinstalling, and I still get the same result on both Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Both the error and the warning log are completely empty in the user’s Spark profile folder, as well as the error log empty in the Program File folder.

Finally, I disabled the spell checker options and copy/paste now works again. Even with words not under Again, this problem didn’t exist with 2.5.8. So, I’d say something isn’t working right with the spellchecker plugin.

Testing out 2.6.1 build 12434 seems to have resolved this issue. Copy/paste works again with the spellchecker plugin enabled. I have not tested this on an XP machine yet, but it took care of the problem on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. Thanks.

I’m having this same problem since v2.6.0. I have just installed the v2.6.3 client and it has made no difference. As previous posters have observed disabling Spellcheck fixes the issue. (I noted that if you leave any Chat windows open at the same time as making the Preferences change the change does not take effect until you close and re-open the Chat windows.)

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with the latest Java v26 Updates 26 client. I have also had the same problem on an XP SP3 32-bit PC.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Max wrote:

Testing out 2.6.1 build 12434 seems to have resolved this issue. Copy/paste works again with the spellchecker plugin enabled. I have not tested this on an XP machine yet, but it took care of the problem on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. Thanks.

This is most probably a problem of Spellchecker plugin, which is created by some another person, who is not very active in development now.

As about preferences change not taking place immediately, well, this is how most of the changes in Spark take place, you have to reopen windows usually. At least it didn’t ask you to restart Spark as it does when you change the GUI language Probably Java “thing”, though it can change to some skins without restart and only pressing the Change button, but not completely.

If you leave “Enable Spellchecking” selected and just uncheck “Enable Auto Spellchecking” then the right click menu works again. This at least allows you to still use the “Check Spelling” button right above the text input window to manually spellcheck your text.

This should at least get you by until they fix it so it can be enabled without disabling the right-click menu.

This should be considered a MAJOR BUG since it will affect 90+% of Spark users and will lead them to believe this version 2/6/3 is broken.

Copy/paste into spark is something I do at least 10 times a day so it’s a must have for me.

By the way, -C to copy and -V to paste always works regardless of what settings are checked.

SPARK-1463