Roster Management

I’‘m pretty new to Wildfire and I’'m trying to figure out how/if I can use it to solve a few requirements I have.

1. I need to manage user’'s rosters based on the corporate organisational structure. So, for example most people would have their colleagues and their line manager.

2. I would like to be able to configure users so that they are restricted from adding users to their rosters themselves.

How would I acheive this and is there more than one way to do it? Any advice very much appreciated.

Hi Alan,

I’‘m pretty new to Wildfire and I’'m trying to figure out how/if I can use it to solve a few requirements I have.

Welcome to the Ignite Realtime community.

1. I need to manage user’'s rosters based on the corporate organisational structure. So, for example most people would have their colleagues and their line manager.

A good way to do this is through Wildfire’'s Shared Group feature. The Shared Group feature allows you (the Wildfire admin) to create groups and add users to them on the server side.

1. I would like to be able to configure users so that they are restricted from adding users to their rosters themselves.

Take a look at the using the subscription plugin which can be configured to automatically reject all subscription requests.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I’'ll give your suggestions a try.

Is there a way to make a sort of asymetric relationship so that for example we have one person (Mr X) who has a whole group of people in his contacts, but each person in that group can only see Mr X and not each other?

Figured it out…

If Mr X is the line manager of Mr Y, Miss Z and Mr V then all I would need to do is set up the shared groups…

Mr X, Mr Y

Mr X Miss Z

and

Mr X Mr V

Obvious really.