Router/Home Server Functionality

Hi,

I want to use two JM servers at my two branch offices within the same domain, to localise the messaging traffic. Is router/home server functionality available in the current version or JM or is it being worked on? If this is possible in the existing version, can someone let me know how to setup this?

Thanks

Samad

Hi Samad,

You can have two (or more) Messenger servers running on the same domain, but they will each have to have their own unique subdomain name. You could have one Messenger configured with the name of office1.mydomain and the other with office2.mydomain. Messenger 2.2 supports server-to-sever (s2s) communication, so in your case if person@office1.mydomain tries to contact person@office2.mydomain Messenger with automatically route traffic to the appropriate server/user.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, i figured that out from a post in this forum.

The only thing i am struggling now is to populate the groups to be visible on both servers.

I used the single Active Directory to authenticate users. I have servers at two distant locations and WAN traffic is definitely a concern. Is there anyway i can see the same roster on both the servers and communicate without having to invite the user on other server.

Regards

Samad

Hi Samad,

The only thing i am struggling now is to populate the groups to be visible on both servers.

Are you referring to the “Shared Roster Groups” feature?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

I enabled the shared roster groups. My question is " Can i see the same group on both the server and communicate between the users of the group? without having to add contacts manually from one server to another…

Thanks

Samad

Hi Samad,

I’‘ve never done it, but since you’'re using AD/LDAP you can configure it to load group information. Take a look at url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/docs/latest/documentation/ldap- guide.htmlJive Messenger LDAP Guide[/url] for details.

Hope that helps,

Ryan