Running a Wildfire Server

What exactly do I need to do to run a wildfire server and have it accessible from anywhere.

Currently when i run it I can only access it from the computer I’'m running it on.

Is it even possible to run a server on a normal win xp desktop and have it accessible ?

I’'m not tring to run a big network or anything I just needed it running to do some proof of concept type things for a class project

when the required ports on our server machine are accessible form the internet that should be sufficant … which ports that are you can set up in the admin console

Is it even possible to run a server on a normal win xp desktop and have it accessible ?

Yes this is possible. You may of course need to open port 5222 for incoming client connections on your local WinXP firewall.

LG

Norton and the normal windows firewall on my computer at home + lynksys router

I first opened the ports in all of them tested = not work

then i disabled windows and norton firewalls = not work

with them still disabled I removed the lynksys router = not work

Only works if I put in the serverid on the computer it is running on. Won’'t even work if I put the ip address in on the computer wildfire is running on.

Hi,

do you use a dynamic DNS name (like “dynip.example.com”) which points to your Linksys router?

Did you set the xmpp.domain to the dynamic DNS name?

Did you enable port forwarding within Linksys to your WinXP computer with it’'s private address (like 192.168.2.3)?

I assume that you did miss one or the other and so it does not work as expected.

LG