Russian translation

I tried to translate Jive Messenger 2.2.1 admin console to Russian. There I did:

1. Create messenger_i18n_ru_RU.properties file by coping \Jive Messenger\resources\i18n\messenger_i18n.properties file and translating it.

2. Copy file to \Jive Messenger\jre\lib.

3. Restart Jive Messenger service.

In the Admin console -> Server Locale I see: Current Locale: russian (Russia), but console is steel in english. What I did wrong?

Yan,

I don’‘t think your translations is being picked up in the classpath. The lib directory is probably just looking for JAR file. You’'ll likely need to re-compile Jive Messenger with your translation in the src/i18n directory.

BTW, would you be interested in contributing your translation so that it’'s officially a part of Jive Messenger?

Regards,

Matt

Look here:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=101125&#101125

Maybe you can contact zenith and make your work together

//BTW, would you be interested in contributing your translation so that it’'s officially a part of Jive Messenger?//

Yes, of course, but please help me to put russian file in to console. It will take up about 2-3 weeks, I think. Such period taked the Pandion translation. Of course, Pandion have russian translation included, but it looks like teenager’'s speek - it is not I want.

Message was edited by:

Yan Zlobin

//You’'ll likely need to re-compile Jive Messenger with your translation in the src/i18n directory.//

But how I can do this?

Yan,

Get the source build from the source page or check out the project from SVN. Then, follow the source build instructions in the documentation.

Regards,

Matt