S2S not working

Hello,

my Openfire 9.3.9 (running with debian stable 64bit and “1.7.0_75 Oracle Corporation – OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM”) cant connect to other Jabber Servers:

2015.02.04 06:58:06 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession - Error authenticating domain with remote server: swissjabber.ch

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “4f8:0:a0a1::add:1010”

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.(DnsClient.java:125)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.(Resolver.java:61)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.getResolver(DnsContext.java:570)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(DnsContext.java:430)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContex t.java:231)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:139)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:127)

at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:1 42)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.srvLookup(DNSUtil.java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:124)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:270)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:238)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2015.02.04 06:58:06 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession - Error authenticating domain with remote server: draugr.de

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “4f8:0:a0a1::add:1010”

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.(DnsClient.java:125)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.(Resolver.java:61)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.getResolver(DnsContext.java:570)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(DnsContext.java:430)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContex t.java:231)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:139)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompos iteDirContext.java:127)

at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:1 42)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.srvLookup(DNSUtil.java:192)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:124)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:270)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:167)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:238)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any ideas whats wrong?

I too have problems connecting s2s.

both are openfire 3.9.3 on debian7.x x64 running with oracle java 7

both have their own domain names with signed ssl certs.

firewall does not block the port (telnet on port shows or similar)

to test I set any can connect and ssl is optional.

still no connection, doesnt matter if from a to b or b to a

You have an IPv6 address in /etc/resolv.conf

See also https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6991580

hey flow, thanks for the reply.

maybe OP has ipv6.

I do not. and I am not using openjdk

Well it was a reply to Exxter. Please open a new thread instead of hijacking an existing one.

no offense or infraction was intended. this post is pretty recent and this forum even supports “i have the same problem”

so i seriously have to post a 2nd open question with the same topic?

You already stated that you have a different problem because you don’t use IPv6, so it’s not the same problem, just the same symptom. The only common denominator here is that s2s is not working. If we would keep a single thread where everybody posts about his s2s issues, then this thread would become big and confusing pretty soon.

Also when reporting issues, please try to add as much information as possible. At least some openfire logs would be helpful. You also may want to have a look at http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html