powered by Jive Software

Sasl-sspi and 3.3.0

Hi.

I’‘ve been using Norman Rasmussen’‘s sasl-sspi patch (6.2) successfully with Wildfire 3.2.4, but I can’'t successfully get it to work with Openfire 3.3.0.

LDAP auth is working fine.

The relevant part of my openfire.xml file is:

Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi Riff,

I have experienced the same thing with Openfire 3.3.0 concerning SASL-SSPI (although I was previously running Norman Rasmussen’'s sasl-sspi patch (6.2) on WildFire 3.1.1).

I am now running Openfire 3.3.0 on a Windows 2003 R2 box, using the LDAP portion to tie into Active Directory. I can authenticate fine, like you said, if I manually specify the username and password. (I’‘m attempting to use Miranda IM 0.6.8 on the client side. I’‘m anxiously awaiting 0.7.0, where their Jabber protocol has better support for SASL and can automatically detect the Windows user’'s username.)

However, if I try to use SASL-SSPI, I get exceptions on the Openfire end:

Upon server start-up, using the SASLmechanisms.jar file built for Openfire 3.3.0 by victorae, listed on Norman’'s site):

org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.shutdown(PluginManager.java:10 6)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.getSupportedMechanisms(SASLAut hentication.java:621)

at net.za.darkskies.openfire.plugin.SASLMechanismsPlugin.destroyPlugin(SASLMechani smsPlugin.java:36)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.shutdown(PluginManager.java:1 03)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.shutdownServer(XMPPServer.java:865)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.access$600(XMPPServer.java:90)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer$ShutdownHookThread.run(XMPPServer.java:811 )

When attempting to authenticate:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandle r.java:134) Closing connection due to error while processing message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication.handle(SASLAuthentication.java :225)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:141)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:200)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :266)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I’'ve tried changing all relevant parts of the configuration files, but to no avail (I even commented out the extra Java security “patch” line since it appears that Openfire has a built-in security provider for SASL–neither worked, by the way.)

Any one else have any luck?

-Mark

using the SASLmechanisms.jar file built for Openfire 3.3.0

try stop server, delete sasl plugin file and folder, copy new file for 3.3.0, start server.

victorae wrote:

try stop server, delete sasl plugin file and folder, copy new file for 3.3.0, start server.

Tried to no avail. Same error messages apply. I’'ve even tried commenting out the default security provider for SASL and including net.za.darkskies.security.sasl.Provider instead, again with no success.

Same error!

Was version 3.2.4 and all works fine.

Today i’'m was updated to version 3.3.1 - and have same error.

Found what;s wrong - then install new version setup was rewrite the jre\lib\security\java.security.

Message was edited by: freemanru

So is there a fix for this that you can share? It sounds as if you may have a fix.