Search Field

Hi all,

I have a little problem with spark search fields. I am using openfire 3.5.2 with an embedded DB and openLDAP. I want to add search fields and I have a bug in Spark. In fact I want to add the phone number in the search service. The bug is that the name of the field does not appears and the results does not appear too …

Anyone has an idea ?

Really no idea ?

Are you getting anything back if you search for a name? Seems like with UID we had issues…

Try putting just the field you want to add first, by itself. Does it show then? If not check your vCard mappings to make sure the data is coming in from your LDAP server. You need to map all the fields correctly for the vCard. Attached is an openfire.xml configured for Active Directory that you can use for a reference.
openfire.xml (4128 Bytes)

Ok, thank’s for your answer

I tryed to just put the search on the phone and I get the same problem. The JIDs are appearing but not the phone numbers. I know the search is Ok because I tryed to type phone numbers of people I know, and it returns me the correct JID, but no way to make it appear to the screen.

I have read some posts on this forum about the search fields and I learned about the i18n properties file were I have added the line advance.user.search.phone = Phone but it just added me the name of the field.

[I have checked the vCard mapping, the field that I try to search seems to be correctly set. Does it can be a problem of spaces that are part of the phone number ? (ie : XX XX XX XX XX)]

-> I tried to put a alphabetical field (city name) and the same problem : it does give me back people that live in the cities that I search in the form … But the city does not appear in the search results.

Thank’s

Here are the errors that I get in the Spark’s log when I try to make a search :

Aug 19, 2008 2:06:02 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
SEVERE: Error retrieving the first value.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchResults.getFirstValue(UserSea rchResults.java:218)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.UserSearchResults.showUsersFound(UserSe archResults.java:117)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.search.users.SearchForm$3.finished(SearchForm.java:1 29)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:136)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have confirmed that Spark does not get all custome fields sent to it. Openfire server is using them correctly. This appears to be a client issue. I have reported this to WinSrev, with a full compliment of error logs and screen grabs.

Thank you for your answer,
I suspected as well it was a problem of Spark and I was analyzing it’s code, where the error was revealed. I hope that this error can be corrected. I try from my part to find the solution of it. If I find it, I ll send the patch to winsrev.

Is there any fix available for this yet?