Separate account for JIRA?

Why do i have to create another login in JIRA?:slight_smile: I have so many accounts, logins and pass es now, so i prefer to not register another one:) Though it’'s not a problem, i just wanted to know a reason for this. Could i use the same login and pass in JIRA like in forum?

Hey wroot,

Jira and forums are two different softwares and there is no integration between them (yet!). Since a SSO solution nor LDAP is being used for authentication, you could try creating a username and password similar to the one you use in forums.

Regards,

– Gato

it’'s ok:)

hm… just took a glance at your profile. You are from Argentina. And Matt is from Portland:) I thought developers live a little closer to each other:) Though it dont have to be surpising in Open Source projects:) Have your ever met?

Oleg,

Jive Software is based in Portland, OR, which is why I’'m here. Gato recently joined Jive Software as a full-time employee but is working remotely from Argentina. We did get to know him through his Open Source work on Smack, though…

-Matt

i thought my name is hidden in profile:) It’'s not a big secret actually, but maybe this is some bug in forum?:slight_smile:

Or maybe i just have left “edited by” line somewhere in the forum:)

i thought my name is hidden in profile:) It’'s not a

big secret actually, but maybe this is some bug in

forum?:slight_smile:

Ahh… yep, it’‘s a bug of sorts. Since I’‘m a system admin, I can see your real name. However, the UI doesn’‘t indicate to me that your name is supposed to be hidden, which it should. We’'ll get that fixed.

Thanks!

-Matt