Server to server communication

I am trying to make 2 open fire server communicate with each other.

Consider the following:

I have 2 hosts sn1.med.com and sn2.med.com respectively.

Open fire servers are installed on both of them with domain as med.com (xmpp.domain property).

Both the servers are configured to communicated with each other. (server to server settings)

The open fire servers are connected to a centralized LDAP server from which the user list is retrieved.

For e.g. Consider 3 users userA, userB and userC. Jabber id of the users are userA@med.com, userB@med.com and userC@med.com.

As both open fire servers are connected to the same LDAP (AD), the same set of users are available in the servers.

All users are added as rosters to each other.

Now, userA connects/login to open fire server in sn1.med.com.

When userB connects/login to the server at sn2.med.com, the presence information is not being sent across to userA.

Ie, The servers are not communicating with each other.

How do more than 1 open fire server with same domain (xmpp.domain) communicate with each other ?

Thanks,

Ring0.

I’m not 100% sure, but probably using the same domain name for 2 servers is not right and could be the cause of the problems. Probably User’s A client is looking for the status info in server 1, but User B is actually logged to server 2, so he finds nothing.

How about using clustering ?

Do you think its can be a solution here…

If yes, then how to setup clustering ? is there a document ?

I am unable to find the enterprise.jar file in the plugins webpage…

I found one thru google, but am facing a license issue…

How do i setup clustering ? is the enterprise plugin open source and free now ?

ring0 wrote:

How about using clustering ?

Do you think its can be a solution here…

Maybe. Though clustering purpose is more a failover.

is the enterprise plugin open source and free now ?

Enterprise was turn into a number of separate open source plugins, except of clustering. As clustering was using parts of other commercial software.