Server to server doesn''t work for my wildfire server

Hi there,

Users on my server (running wildfire 3.0.1) can communicate just fine but can’'t add contacts on other servers. Port 5269 is open and I have a SRV DNS record for xmpp-server pointing to the server.

If I try to add a google talk user to a user on my server I get

OS - Trying to connect to gmail.com:5269(DNS lookup: xmpp-server4.l.google.com:5269)

and then

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: gmail.com(DNS lookup: xmpp-server4.l.google.com:5269)

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

and then

Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:143)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

If I try to add my user to a google talk user I get

Connect Socket[addr=/72.14.252.129,port=39129,localport=5269]

RS - Received dialback key from host: gmail.com to: talk.geneious.com

RS - Trying to connect to Authoritative Server: gmail.com:5269(DNS lookup: xmpp-server2.l.google.com:5269)

and then

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java:1 04) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/72.14.252.129,port=49323,localport=5269]

jabber.org users have the same effect.

Anyone know what’‘s going on? Let me know what I’'ve forgotten to tell you…

I had a similar issue with this. if you do an SRV check in DNS you will see four servers in gtalk.com. What you don;t see is the fifth server that actually returns the hash back to your wildfire server. If you are behind a firewall, ensure that you work with your network admins to open up the port to all servers on gtalk.com. My net admins only opened the port for the original 4 servers and took a day or so before we figured it out. Have the net admins monitor the 5269 port on the firewall and see what info is coming back when you attempt to connect.

Jeff

port 5269 is fully open, not just on a per server basis.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message was edited by: sandhi

I’'ve just noticed that when I try to add a user on my server to a user on another server I actually get something in the debug log before what I posted above (ie before Received dialback key etc), specifically this:

Connect Socket[addr=/72.14.252.129,port=16003,localport=5269]

Connect Socket[addr=/72.14.252.129,port=16004,localport=5269]

Error creating session

java.io.EOFException: input contained no data

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3003)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1410)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.createSession(SocketReader.java:432)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 53)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Fingers crossed that it’'s of some relevance!