Server2server problems

I have two wildfire servers loaded at two different locations. I use spark as the IM client at both locations and interoffice chat is fine. I can’'t get the two servers to talk to each other. I can telnet into port 5269 and 10015 on both servers. In Wildfire I have them setup on a whitelist for each other. I have them entered in as ip and name. Anyone have any suggestions on how to test the communication between the two locations or is there a certain way that Wildfire has to be configured? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

S2S connection will be established on demand (as and whenever needed). To test if they connect to each other, try login as a user on one server and send a message to another user on the other server. If that fails, then it’‘s probably DNS or SSL related problem, which could be verified through Wildfire’'s log files.

Hi,

I assume that you did set as server name / xmpp.domain server1.foo.bar and server2.foo.bar so

server1.foo.bar must be able to resolve server2.foo.bar and connect to it

server2.foo.bar must be able to resolve server1.foo.bar and connect to it

This may be done over the internet or using a LAN / VPN.

So open a console on server1.foo.bar and try “telnet server2.foo.bar 5269”.

If this works start Spark, log in “admin@server1.foo.bar” and start a chat with “admin@server2.foo.bar”. Then check http://server:9090/server-session-summary.jsp and or the error log files.

LG

Here are the errors I get from the logs. The first is from my main server and the second is from the remote location. I have checked all of the DNS settings as well as the IPs. I have both locations listed in the whiteboard both by full name and ip. Anyone have any advice?

2006.08.21 09:01:36 Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Since you are haing troubles with the servers that are whitelisted, and since it sounds like you are firewalled off, try to use allow all to connect on both servers. If it works there, then try whitelisting on one server at a time, until the error pops back up. Try without ssl first, then put that back in after you connect the first time, baby step through it, and you should be able to find where it breaks at.

Jeff