Set message expiry for offline messages

Hello

Is it possible to set a time-to-live[/i] or a expiry /idate/time for offline messages? So we can send a broadcast messages to all users with a TTL or a Expiry.

Online users will immediately get the messages, but if an offline user login to Wildfire after the TTL or Expiry he will not receive the stale /imessage?

Thanks!

Ravin

Hi Ravin,

this is not possible, but nice to hear that also you see the need for a TTL. This was discussed in the Wifi Dev forum some weeks ago …

Maybe Gato creates an issue to add such a feature.

LG

> This was discussed in the

> Wifi Dev forum some weeks ago …

YEs, i remember. And i’'m willing to vote for this Wonder if there is some voting ratings in JIRA Maybe i can take a first place

I would also like to see this feature, perhaps its possible to create a plugin that does this?

Hi All,

I’'ve created JM-697 for this feature request. Feel free to vote for it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

what does “Add the ability to have Wildfire delete offline messages after a specified period of time.” mean? I think the thread is about a TTL for broadcast messages for offline users[/u] and not about a general offline message TTL.

Anyway I hope that one of the next Spark and Wifi releases come with a preconfigured “announcements” subscription and a usable interface so we can use pubsub instead of broadcasts.

LG

Hi LG,

Looks like I misunderstood the request. I thought Ravin was looking for a way to set an expiration date/time for all types of offline messages. I went ahead and changed to JIRA item so it specifically refers to broadcase message, with a note about how it might be nice to be able to specify how long all types of messages can be stored offline.

Anyway I hope that one of the next Spark and Wifi releases come with a

preconfigured “announcements” subscription and a usable interface so

we can use pubsub instead of broadcasts.

I agree, ideally that would be a better way to go. The nice thing about current implemenation is that it only requires that the client be able to retrieve offline messages (which most of them do).

Cheers,

Ryan

I actually meant all types of messages

D’‘oh! That’'ll learn me for making changes too quickly to a JIRA issue.

I edited the issue (one last time hopefully) to state the orginal request was to be able to set an expiration time for all messages, but it might be nice to be able to set different times for “regular” and “broadcast” messages.

Cheers,

Ryan