Setup Help

I have been using asterisk and FreePBX(Trixbox also) for a few years. am very new to Openfire but it was a breeze to setup and configure so far. I am using Spark as my client and I am able to make calls and IM. So all seems well.

I just installed the Asterisk-IM but it seems I cannot get it set up correctly. I followd the simple instructions but the server is still grey.

I want to make sure I am doing this right. I used the server name of my server. The local ip of my server. The default port 5038. I then used the admin name and password that I already had in my asterisk configs.

I doing that right? And I suppossed to do anything to asterisk. I am supposed to create a new user for openfire or something.

Any help would be great

You need to set up an asteisk manager in the manager.conf file:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20manager.conf

Then you should be good to go.

Thanks, that was an old message almost 3 weeks ago. I alrady figured it out and have it working. Thanks again for your support!

I have Openfire installed on a Windows server and it has been working very well, i decided to try the asterisk plugin but have not got it to work i’m having trouble locating the manager.conf file. Do i have to create this myself?

Thanks.

The manager.config file is part of asterisk. It should be in your /etc/asterisk/

directory on your asterisk server.Put something like this but with your data in it

This should be in brackets as you see others in your manager.conf file

secret = yourpassword

read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0