We have an old spark server with openfire 3.9.3 and using spark client 2_7_5. This is working fine and has been the last 10 years. We are currently migrating our data Center and have to change the spark server IP so I thought would take advantage and look at updating the openfire server and spark client. A few things I would like to know below
- Is there much advantage to upgrading to new Openfire and Spark as in user experience etc?
- Can I migrate the user accounts from old server to new server (They are stand alone accounts and not connected on AD)
- If I decide to upgrade can I incorporate into AD and is it an easy enough job.
- How long would it take to set all this up mas I have some time constraints around this.
- Is there a how to guide on how to do this?