SEVERE: No response from the server

I have Spark 2.6.3 installed. When i login i dont see any contacts from my company. I am the only one who is getting this error. This is so frustating

My openfire administrator said i was offline on the server.

When i checked the logs on the client side i see the following errors.

Can please someone help me fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Sep 6, 2012 10:49:42 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:492)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:461)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.SessionManager.discoverItems(SessionManager.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.SessionManager.initializeSession(SessionManager.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1018)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$1200(LoginDialog.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$4.construct(LoginDialog.java:730)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:141)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sep 6, 2012 10:49:53 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Unable to load MUC Service Names.

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:492)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:461)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getServiceNames(MultiUserChat.java:25 1)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.BookmarksUI$11.construct(BookmarksUI.java :353)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:141)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks

uninstall spark, remove all residual directories. install the online version (no jre). if it continues look into the structure of your username. make sure it does not contain any non-alphnumeric characters.

Cant install the online version. It keeps giving me errors

β€œThe JVM found at C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\bin\java.exe is damaged. Please reinstall or define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed JDK or JRE.”

I have reinstalled jdk also, so its definitely not the JDK which has the problem.

then the obvious thing is to uninstall java and remove the directory for it as well. Why would java be installed inthe root of c: anyway.

I have already installed new Java in the Program Files directory and checked, but got the same results.

I dont think it has anything to do with the Spark Client. As my colleagues when login using my client are able to login and see all the contacts. So it has to do something with my username communication with the Openfire Server. I am just not able to figure our what exactly is the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same problem.

Did you find a solution?