Shared groups completely messed up

It’‘s all started yesterday when i added one more group, added two new users to this group. Made it shared and visible to all. Then i removed user from one group and put it to this new. But it didnt appeared in my Exodus, in some clients it appeared in some no. then i started to play with Sharing options, disabling, enabling etc. And some users that must be visible only to me have appeared in other clients. I have restarted server two or threee times by now (whole machine). Now some old groups dissapears on some clients. I thought maybe this is Exodus (we are using Exodus everythere) making the problems. Because i have connected with new account through JBother on my PC and EVERYTHING looks fine, but when i connect to my account with JBother it shows the same gaps in groups. So it somehow cached on server or in db? I dont want and i cant recreate whole DB now. Everything was fine till yesterday, maybe because i havent done everything to groups setup for a long time. That’'s an error log content, though i dont know if this helps:

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2005.08.30 08:25:41 org.jivesoftware.messenger.PrivateStorage.get(PrivateStorage.java:161) Internal server error

org.dom4j.DocumentException: FWK005 parse may not be called while parsing. Nested exception: FWK005 parse may not be called while parsing.

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:484)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:365)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PrivateStorage.get(PrivateStorage.java:155)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQPrivateHandler.handleIQ(IQPrivateHandler.j ava:66)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

Nested exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: FWK005 parse may not be called while parsing.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:465)

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:365)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PrivateStorage.get(PrivateStorage.java:155)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQPrivateHandler.handleIQ(IQPrivateHandler.j ava:66)

2005.09.02 16:24:43 org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.12.85,port=1875,localport=5222]

2005.09.02 16:24:43 org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.12.53,port=2776,localport=5222]

2005.09.06 10:59:52 org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.12.89,port=1107,localport=5222]

2005.09.06 11:53:44 org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.12.85,port=1417,localport=5222]

2005.09.08 09:13:47 org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:145) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/192.168.12.2,port=1767,localport=5222]

Ok, i didnt checked show offline in JBother, it seems JBother is showing everything fine with my account. But now i dont know what to do and how to make Exodus get groups correctly

another update:

i have tried to stop server before restarting machine (btw it didnt started with /opt/jive_messenger/bin/messenger start command, all perms are ok and i was logged with jive user)

after restart old group that dissapeared in some clients is back. After a lunch i will try to do something with this new group. Because it still doesnt show all three users to me. But when i create one moe group with all these three users in it, then all three users appears in both groups. When i delete this temporary new group one user dissapears again in new group with three users.

the end

have readded this third user in group and now he’'s back again in my roster. heeh… What a morning… Organisation between units and direction is just a disaster at our work. Everyone is doing by themselves and noone knows anything. Have to run a lot. So these problems with Exodus was the last drop. Sorry for a little isteric posting

P.S.

so i think restarting of machine with stopped JM was the solution. So, maybe JM cant write everything to disk when i restart the machine while JM running?

wroot: Yes, you are in luv with groups too. Tell me! :stuck_out_tongue:

debug:

some clients still doesnt show third user in THAT damned group. So i have tried to watch debug. client1 is in that group and shows two other contacts normally. client2 is in that group and doesnt show client1 in this group. So i have sent message client1 > client2. Client2 got it and then i tried to add client1 to roster in this group. Debug shows:

RECV:

Unknown notify event: /presence/subscription

And it doesnt add a contact, though i dont know if it should, it’'s just to have something in debug console

client1 debug shows nothing about this.

client1 - emedutis

client2 - eadomaitis

JM 2.2.1

Exodus 0.9.1.0

Win98 in that particular case, though i have same on WinXP SP2 too.

One more client today with missing old group. Somehow then i try to change Sahring options in new group some users in other groups cant see their group’'s members. I dont belive this is only with Exofdus because it was fine till that day.

One more question, why deleting of groups takes so long? I know that my hardware is weak. But creating of group is way more faster. I dont know all technical stuff behind that processes, but isnt these kind of similar processes?

P.S. now all my deployment is with gaps, group members cant see own group in roster. I have reinstalled Exodus on one and it’‘s still shows gaps. I think it’'s a JM or my server issue.

R.I.P.

So, today i have tried to remake DB. BTW, you can add Delete All Groups button. Because when one group is deleten in couple of mins (creting tooks couple of secs), so it take me very long to delete 16 groups one by one. After deleting groups i have exported users (i thought maybe i can get rid of problems with groups) stoped JM and deleted DB. After activating new embedded-db i have imported users. As i was afraid in past (just after plugin came out) lithuanian chars were substituted by ?. So in this case plugin is not much useful for me. Nevermind, i started to create groups and there were same problems. Today i have reinstalled one of Exoduses clean and i dont understand there information about roster could be holden, have deleted profile and spool xmls.

On monday i will make clean install of 2.2.1 (if i’'ll have time for this) and add all users and groups manually. Only 80 users, but i will have to do this while making other jobs

But i’‘m in doubts. Maybe i should install 2.2.0 again? MnMs had problems with 2.2.1 and groups, but he was importing with plugin, and it was a Miranda. In my case Jbother with same account shows everything correctly. Maybe it’'s somehow differs with every resource. Didnt tried to run one more exodus with same account on other machine.

Back from Ashes

Today i have made clean install of 2.2.1. And have created all users and groups from scratch, manually. Now everything works correctly. All clients were left unchanged, so it was a problem with JM i suppose?

Today i have made clean install of 2.2.1. And have created all users and groups from scratch, manually. Now everything works correctly. All clients were left unchanged, so it was a problem with JM i suppose?

Well, I didn’‘t go to the extreme of recreating all users just the groups. Miranda is still messored. Exodus works fine. shrug And yes again, 90% of the Miranda clients haven’'t changed since their initial install.

I will wait. Some day a magically delicious answer will appear.

well, i cant stand something is messed up in my system, so i went with such a routine work as recreating users manually. A lot of copy paste But now i’'m glad with a result.

Hey wroot,

Did “emedutis” receive a new IQ packet with namespace “jabber:iq:roster” after the last presence packet? Exodus doesn’'t show contacts whose subscription status is none so unless Exodus received a status=TO or BOTH you will not see the other user.

Thanks,

– Gato

I dont remember if there was such IQ packet in emedutis debug. Otherwise, why did it turned to “none” if all these users were in one shared group? There were no changes on the client side. I was only changing sharing options, deleting creating groups or users in Admin Console and some contacts started to dissapear.